“Awesome stay at the Best Western with my 20lb. Cat”

Best Western Plus Yakima Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We had to come over to Yakima for my daughters soocer game. I was given a list of hotels from the Visitors Bureau. I check the list which had about 16 hotels on it. From the moment I first contacted this hotel I was very impressed with it. I made my reservation with Dusty, she was awesome, very friendly, personable and professional. This hotel really worked with me because financially I really couldnt afford to stay in Yakima, but they gave me a great rate that made it possible. Then for dinner Dusty recommended a great place for that too. We had dinner delivered from Russillo Pizza & Gelato,which was totally awesome. We got to eat our dinner in the breakfast room whcih was really great and very comfortable. Dusty also gave great directions to places we needed to go to. Also at the last minute I had to take my cat, well he loves this hotel too. I think he thought this was his home because he felt very at ease, and he was even greeting the customers at the front door, he bascially took over the hotel (lol). Anyway, thanks again Dusty for a great trip and hope to see you soon.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
travelaround1, Manager at Best Western Plus Yakima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Good Day Sandey,
I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for your wonderful review. It has been our pleasure to serve you and ensure that you had a top notch experience with us.
I also wanted to let you know that it is normally the policy of this hotel to only allow small to medium sized dogs to accompany guests due to the severity of allergic reactions that some folks have to cat dander. However, we made an exception in your case so that your cat did not have to spend the evening in your vehicle. I am glad it made a positive impression on you and again I thank you for your glowing review.
Have a tremendous day Sandey.
The Staff and Management of the Lincoln Inn

Reviewed February 5, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many different times and it is always a great stay! The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. They always recognize our family and enjoy having our kids around! The rooms are always clean and the housekeeping makes sure to get our room done in the short time we are out to lunch. The breakfast is free and very appetizing. The pool and hot tub were clean and the perfect temperature for our family to enjoy. Overall, the experience of staying at this hotel is always simple and pleasant. We choose this hotel every time we are in town and wouldn't have it any other way! Thank you for giving us a home away from home!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Dear Becky,
On behalf of myself and my staff I would like to say thank you for your wonderful review. We simply love having you and your family stay with us. It truly is people like you that make this industry a sheer joy to be a part of. If we can ever do anything for you or your family, please do not hesitate to ask.
The Staff and Management of the Lincoln Inn

Reviewed January 17, 2011

We have stayed at the Best Western Lincoln Inn a number of times when we have been in town, and have always been happy with it. However, this weekend really took the cake. We were staying there with a fourth grade basketball team for an AAU tournament. While checking in, my eight-year old daughter lost a dog tag she wears around her neck. We re-traced our steps, and couldn't find it, and mentioned it to the swing shift clerk David. Keep in mind that at this time, there were a number of fourth grade boys running wild through the lobby and the swimming pool area. David said he would call if someone turned it in. About an hour later, David called and said he had found the dogtag. He had taken it on himself to search the parking lot, and found it lying out there. Needless to say, it saved my daughter's trip. On top of that, David kept refilling the fresh cookie jar in the lobby as wave after wave of fourth graders (and coaches) kept cleaning it out. As far as a hotel, the rooms were clean and comfortable and the food was great. But what really made it a keeper was the great customer service by David and the rest of his co-workers. I can't say they earned a customer, because they already had, but I can assure you they sure retained a loyal one, who will recommed the hotel to anyone who asks.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
EdwardBerrigan, General Manager at Best Western Plus Yakima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your glowing review. We truly appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to let others know about your stay with us at the Lincoln Inn. We pride ourselves on making everyone's stay a memory to last. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Edward Berrigan - G.M.
Best Western Lincoln Inn

Reviewed November 15, 2010

Edward Berrigan is one of the better managers I've found at Best Western Hotels. Very friendly and knows how to take care of the guests.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Dear Guest, (we are not supposed to use guest's real names.)
I sincerely thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I know your time is important and I wanted you to know that I appreciate it. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Lincoln Inn. It is guests like yourself that make the hotel industry successful and a sheer joy to be a part of. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Edward Berrigan - G.M.
Best Western Lincoln Inn

Reviewed October 25, 2010

I travel to Yakima frequently and stay at the Best Western Lincoln Inn. Edward and his staff are always helpful and friendly. The rooms are predictably neat and clean. Housekeeping does a great job. Even the parking lot is clean and well-lit. I'll continue staying there because I don't like surprises.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2010

In the last month I have over 15 stays at this BW Lincoln Inn. The manager(Edward) and his staff have been extremely hospitable. They have helped me with numerous logistical headaches and countinue to provide increadible customer services. I give this staff an A+ with complements all around. Thank you for everything and I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We were travelling back from Seattle to Boise, and got a late start, so we decided on the way to stop at Yakima rather than push on to Boise. Based on the tripadvisor rating (gotta love mobile tripadvisor), we called ahead to the Best Western Lincoln City. When we arrived a couple of hours later, the really sweet girl working the desk couldn't find our reservations, although she remembered talking to me. No big so far...it's not like the place was packed. She set us up with a top (3rd) floor room, which was quite nice compared to the Best Western we'd stayed at in Seattle (double queen beds, microwave, fridge, and a real bathtub instead of just a big shower stall). Wireless internet was fast and flawless. Biggest problem was the room was stiflingly hot -- it was a pretty warm day, and the room A/C was off. OK, we had a couple of hours to kill before we really needed to hit the sack, so flicked on the A/C to high, and headed to the indoor pool area with the kids. Pool was nicely cold (almost too cold), but the hot tub was barely warmer than the pool, and there didn't seem to be a way to turn it up (I asked about both the room temp and the hot tub later, and was told that "with the economy being so bad, management won't let us keep those turned on". Guess they're not going for repeat business). By bedtime the room was still warm, but it was possible to sleep...just not comfortably...took another couple of hours to get down to a reasonable sleeping temperature. The room was nicely quiet, 'tho -- the top floor certainly helped, but even the traffic noise was quite muted. The deluxe continental breakfast (included with the room) was better than many -- there were boiled eggs, link sausage and make-your-own-waffles in addition to the usual cereal / muffins / bagels. It closed down awfully early, 'tho (8:30AM, IIRC), which certainly put the kibosh on sleeping in. Oh, and they billed us twice for the room -- once for the day we stayed, and again a week later -- I'm still working on getting that straightened out. All-in-all, it seems like, for the price, they could do a better job.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family