“WOW. Top notch customer service. Friendly hotel staff. A+”

Best Western Plus Yakima Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
spokane, wa
“WOW. Top notch customer service. Friendly hotel staff. A+”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

In the last month I have over 15 stays at this BW Lincoln Inn. The manager(Edward) and his staff have been extremely hospitable. They have helped me with numerous logistical headaches and countinue to provide increadible customer services. I give this staff an A+ with complements all around. Thank you for everything and I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Boise, ID
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

We were travelling back from Seattle to Boise, and got a late start, so we decided on the way to stop at Yakima rather than push on to Boise. Based on the tripadvisor rating (gotta love mobile tripadvisor), we called ahead to the Best Western Lincoln City. When we arrived a couple of hours later, the really sweet girl working the desk couldn't find our reservations, although she remembered talking to me. No big so far...it's not like the place was packed. She set us up with a top (3rd) floor room, which was quite nice compared to the Best Western we'd stayed at in Seattle (double queen beds, microwave, fridge, and a real bathtub instead of just a big shower stall). Wireless internet was fast and flawless. Biggest problem was the room was stiflingly hot -- it was a pretty warm day, and the room A/C was off. OK, we had a couple of hours to kill before we really needed to hit the sack, so flicked on the A/C to high, and headed to the indoor pool area with the kids. Pool was nicely cold (almost too cold), but the hot tub was barely warmer than the pool, and there didn't seem to be a way to turn it up (I asked about both the room temp and the hot tub later, and was told that "with the economy being so bad, management won't let us keep those turned on". Guess they're not going for repeat business). By bedtime the room was still warm, but it was possible to sleep...just not comfortably...took another couple of hours to get down to a reasonable sleeping temperature. The room was nicely quiet, 'tho -- the top floor certainly helped, but even the traffic noise was quite muted. The deluxe continental breakfast (included with the room) was better than many -- there were boiled eggs, link sausage and make-your-own-waffles in addition to the usual cereal / muffins / bagels. It closed down awfully early, 'tho (8:30AM, IIRC), which certainly put the kibosh on sleeping in. Oh, and they billed us twice for the room -- once for the day we stayed, and again a week later -- I'm still working on getting that straightened out. All-in-all, it seems like, for the price, they could do a better job.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
earth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

I was on a camping trip in my RV and had engine trouble. I managed to make it to Yakima on a Sunday evening an needed a place to stay while I had repairs done. The staff at the Best Western all went way above and beyond what I expected or even asked to accommodate me. They were all so nice and very helpful which was just the thing I needed after taking four hours to make a 40 mile drive in 105 degree heat. The last day I was there, they even let me use an empty room to store my things in for several hours while I waited for the garage to finish the work on my RV. If I ever again have cause to be in Yakima, I will definitely stay there!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Issaquah, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

I booked a two bedroom suite through the hotel about three weeks before our arrival. There were 6 of us in our group and we were looking forward to a girls' weekend in Yakima. I booked this hotel after reading several positive reviews on TripAdvisor. On the day we checked in, the front desk could not find our reservation...even after I gave her our confirmation number. I had a bad feeling in my stomach and it was the first time I experienced a hotel not having a reservation I made in their system. She went to a different computer terminal and found it, but our room was sold earlier that week and was not available! Apparently, the hotel switched to a new computer system and for some reason not all the reservations transferred over...and since the hotel was completely booked for the weekend, well too bad for us! We were freaking out. It's summer and there were festivals going on in Yakima. I was in total disbelief. How could a business operate like this? The front desk person was unapologetic and did not even offer to find us another room in town. She could have at least done that for us. Because of this fiasco, I cannot recommend this hotel. Thank goodness The Red Lion in downtown Yakima had a couple of rooms! And they had two outdoor pools which made The Best Western's indoor pool look sad! Stay away from this one!

1 Thank J D
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

This was our second stay in Yakima in a week as we were passing through again on our way back to BC. We hadn't enjoyed our stay at the Red Lion Inn very much so we had high hopes for this as it's so highly rated on Tripadvisor. I guess I am a little picky as I'm used to getting 3 an 4 star hotels at great prices so when we paid almost $100.00 a night for a mini suite with two queen beds we were expecting something pretty nice. Instead we got a pretty standard Best Western albeit with a larger than normal room and very nice looking lobby and breakfast room.
Pros:
The room is pretty well set up, it's a bit of a stretch to use the word "suite" when describing it but there is a small part wall divining the beds from a tiny sitting area with a couple of small chairs and a lamp. The wall didn't look like much but it actually did give my wife and myself an opportunity to read while our children slept without disturbing them.
There was a fridge and microwave in the room and though the fridge was a half sized one it was a lot larger than other hotel room fridges we've seen.

The staff is very friendly. Both the woman who checked us in and the man who checked us out were outgoing and efficient.

Cons:
This is an crappy looking part of town in the middle of nowhere, Yakima actually has a nice downtown but this is quite far from it.
Although the motel looks quite nice and is probably a little fancier than most Best Westerns it's still a motel at heart. The bathroom was miniscule, one of the smallest I've seen. The toiletries products were awful and I didn't get a very good sleep on the bed.
We really disliked the breakfast, they have a couple of hot choices and the usual waffle machine but we would have rather had quality over quantity. I tried eating an omellete made with processed cheese and had to throw it away and I'm not a picky eater. One of the toasters was broken so there was a large line to use the only one available. They had some apples and oranges but they had seen better days. The coffee wasn't very good either.
If we had paid $20.00 or $30.00 less and though we were staying at a hotel rated in the middle of the pack none of this would have mattered but for $98.00 a night and the top rated hotel in Yakima we were disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

If you have a problem, don't try to get it resolved with the manager. It started with the hotel losing my reservation and then directing us to the Union Gap Best Western. I checked my credit card statement when I got home and found that my card had been charged for 2 rooms for the night that I was supposed to be at the Lincoln Inn. I tried to explain that to Edward but he would not listen to my problem, totally in denial that there was a problem. I asked him to please check his records to help me get charges to my account straightened out. He stated that there were no records to check and there was no way that my account had been charged and he then stated that the conversation was over and he hung up on me. 1 1/2 hours later he called and apologized for hanging up and stated that he checked records and I was right. he had in fact charged my credit card for someone elses room and would issue a credit. I told him that all I was asking for was his assistance and I did not deserve to be treated like that and that he is arrogant and extremely rude. Again he hung up. He has had too many excuses for the poor service and records or lack there of at this hotel. Steer clear. If you must stay in Yakima,WA go to the Best Western Antanum in Union Gap, Its about 3 miles southeast of the Lincoln Inn, just off I-82. The facility is top notch and the staff can't do enough for you. The rooms were clean, the outdoor pool area was delightful and they are extremely organized!

1 Thank HappyCamper20107
San Tan Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

We had stopped at motel 6 and found out they wanted $70 dollars to stay there. I said no and we went tot he Best Western with Aarp it cost $95 dollars. But what a great hotel. It was clean and we got two queen beds. The room had a refriderator and a microwave. It also had a separate sitting area and a desk. It was a great stay. Then to really top it off we got a full breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffle,cereal, toast and juice and pastries. Wow a $30 breakfast. Ok, so now this wonderful hotel cost us the same as a cintzy motel 6 not even close. I would recommend this to anybody staying in Yakima. A big room, a refriderator, a microwave and a full breakfast. Lets see someone top that ! and the beds were wonderful.