“best in Yakima”

Hilton Garden Inn Yakima
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Many stays in Yakima and the Hilton Garden Inn has the best in terms of what a big city would have... great location, amenities. Staff is one of the kindest; if something is not to your specifications, they will work to get it done.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 48Richard18

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The staff are nice but the maintenance is very poor. The TVs never seem to work properly. There is no coffee in the lobby and if you try to find some you better hope the kitchen is open. If it is they will charge you. It is not a terrible hotel, but not up to par for HGI.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our property on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to hear of your dissatisfaction and appreciate you providing such valuable feedback as it does give us the opportunity to make needed changes. I sincerely appreciate you corresponding with me via email regarding this incident and appreciate your understanding.

I can assure you that we have shared your concerns about the lobby coffee hours with HGI corporate as we only have the coffee out during the required hours per our brand standards. I am also happy to let you know that we are one step closer to our television channel upgrade and anticipate our new selection soon. As I stated in my email, we are at the mercy of the vendor and anticipated complete installation by the end of 2013 but have been pushed back a bit. The 30 channels we currently receive will be increased to 50 channels until our final upgrade which will be over 90 channels to choose from. We are very excited about this upgrade and hope that we will get the opportunity to show you a much better experience during your future stays. I will be sure to reach out to you once this is complete.

Thank you again for staying with us and for sharing your experience. It is very much appreciated.

Lisa Vallejo

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Apart from some house keeping issues a very nice place, excellent safe parking underground. Housekeeping left something to be desired. I'd probably stay there again. Quality survey too long......I usually don't do surveys unless they are about 10 seconds long

1  Thank Christopher J
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel was excellent in every respect that I observed. Now, it's true, rooms facing the roadway hear more road noise that you might want. I don't mind it much, and I was on the second floor, but if road noise (mostly a whooshing sound) bothers you, try to select a room not bordering the street or near ground level. Otherwise, the hotel met and exceeded every expectation.

2  Thank FreqDC96
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Whoever planned this hotel in Yakima new exactly what they were doing. This is my first time visiting the Yakima Valley, and was surprisingly shocked to wake up this morning to a solid sheet of ice covering the entire area. I have never experienced freezing rain before! And if you haven't either, then you should Book a stay here! While the rest of the city was scraping an eighth of an inch of ice off of the vehicles this morning, I was able to drive my vehicle away without any ice on it, due to their posting garage! Thank you Hilton Hotels!

The room is incredibly clean, they have mini refrigerator in all their rooms, with microwaves, and Keurig coffee makers. The wireless Internet has been fast, and the room has a 36 inch flat screen TV.

I have not tried the restaurant downstairs however a coworker of mine said that breakfast was delicious, but not included in your room price.

2  Thank SmokeyBearVII
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Very clean, well appointed Hotel for a very good price. The staff is friendly, and the service is excellent. We did have a problem with our mattress not working properly, but would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed December 18, 2013

we stayed for 1 night and the staff was helpful & informative. The room was clean and bed was very comfortable. We could have used more towel in the bathroom and cable tv wasn't working well because the hotel was in the proccess of getting new service. The view wasn't much, but ok since we were only there for one night. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business