“Pleasant but a bit noisy”

Hilton Garden Inn Yakima
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed July 28, 2013

All that we can expect from a classic-standard HGI is there. The situation on a big boulevard would not be a problem if the room was correctly soundproof. It was really too noisy, what a pity. Kind staff. Very correct breakfast and good food. Complementary underground garage.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

I appreciate the time that you took to share your experience with other travelers. Our goal is to ensure a pleasant stay so please do not hesitate to let the front desk know if there are any problems and we would be happy to find a room that is more quiet and comfortable to ensure a pleasant nights stay. I am happy to hear that all other aspects of your stay were satisfactory.

Thank you for staying with us and come back again soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel was pretty much what you expect from a Hilton GI nice room but a little pricey. Good location right downtown but not really much there to see. not sure what other choices there were but not a bad place to stay if price is not a concern.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. I am sorry to hear that you did not get to experience what our beautiful downtown has to offer. Hopefully during your next visit you will get to see some of the beautiful sights not only in town but within our Yakima Valley. I appreciate you expressing the value of our property and hope that we will get the opportunity to have you as our guests again!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was happy this hotel was there in Yakima. I don't believe there was a lot to choose from and the consistency of the Hilton Brand usually doesn't disappoint, and it didn't on this trip.

Hotel has a great breakfast setup, a nice bar, and 24-hour pantry for snacks and accessories.

My room was great and no problems with anything there.

I had a couple of accidental double charges for food which I am working out with the hotel staff, but otherwise a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Parking is free and they have an underground garage as well as a small lot attached to the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you had a consistent experience while staying with us. It is our goal to exceed your expectations and I am thrilled that you were satisfied with your visit. I do apologize for any errors with your billing and am confident that the staff was able to handle in a timely fashion. Thank you for recognizing them. I hope that you will be back to visit us again when you are visiting our beautiful city. Thank you again for the great review and for choosing to stay with us!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We don't usually stay in a Hilton when travelling, but a family member arranged several rooms and we were very impressed with the staff, room and facilities. With a minor exception everything went well and the staff is happy to handle special requests.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the staff during your visit to Yakima. We are very proud of our great customer service and I am thrilled to see that it reflected in your experience while staying with us. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to have you as our guests again soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed for 4 days and enjoyed it. The hotel was easy to find off the freeway and very central for walking to restaurants. You would need to drive for grocery and pharmacy. The room was well appointed and the beds very comfortable. Towels and bath products were satisfactory. We had room service and food was hot, tasty and was on time. There is a fridge microwave and coffee machine. I would update the coffee machine as it was old fashioned, coffee was yuck and it leaked. Did not use pool or gym but both looked good, although small. Across the road is the Tower Cafe, great place to get breakfast. Breakfast is NOT included, which was a surprise and an extra cost. We did not eat breakfast. Most hotels of this kind usually include a continental breakfast in the rate. There is a spa next door - Ummelina. Did not use though. There is both underground and hotel parking lot. Underground is secure if traveling alone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

What a wonderful recap of your stay at our property. It is such a pleasure to see so many wonderful things mentioned about our hotel. Our in-room coffee is loved by many but not all enjoy the bitter gourmet blend. We do have complimentary Seattle's Best coffee available in our lobby during the regular breakfast hours. By becoming a Hilton HHonor member you can accumulate points for your stay and eventually earn complimentary breakfast. We do offer a great selection so it is definitely worth the price paid.

I really do hope that we will get the opportunity to have you come stay with us again in the future. Your review is much appreciated and helpful to others.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My sister and I decided to explore the Yakima Wine country. I had won a free night certificate for any HGI so this worked out well. We stayed a total of three nights.

We were given a nice quiet room on the backside of the hotel. The view was nothing special, but it was quiet. The room was spotless and we appreciated the refrigerator.

We didn't try the restaurant at all so no comment there.

It was super hot (100 degrees) while we were there so I was super happy with underground parking so the car didn't just cook. Staff was helpful.

There was a small mix up with the free night certificate, but it was quickly rectified on check out.

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: I think the view would be nicer on the front, but the back side of the hotel is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

It is so nice to hear that you had a great time in Yakima. I appreciate you sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We have definitely become known for a great wine getaway so I am happy that you were able to enjoy this time with family.
I appreciate your wonderful comments regarding the hotel and accommodations.

Congratulations on winning the certificate! We hope to have you and your sister back to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was helping our oldest son move to Yakima so it was a very busy 2 days! It was so hot! We started out here in Nampa and because we had a large truck hauling a 77 Firebird we had to drive slow and anyone who has ever rented one of those trucks knows they can't go over 55 mph anyway, so it was a long haul! When we arrived, they stayed in their 30 foot travel trailer and I at the HGI in Yakima. The hotel was so nice to get to! Well lit ( it was 10:30 PM> ) and the staff is always friendly. They welcomed me and speedily got me to my room. It was very clean and cool and I stood in he shower for quite a while. The beds are always comfortable and I slept well knowing the place is safe. Next morning was breakfast and as usual delicious and well priced. We worked all day again and I was anxious to get back to the room knowing how comfortable it was going to be. Again, I was greeted as I came in and I must have looked like I was beat and thirsty because the guy at the counter gave me 2 bottles of water, cold, and it was so good! I highly recommend any and all Hilton Garden Inns as I have never had a bad experience. Ever. Thanks so much HGIs. It's so nice to have a place like that to go and get so much for you're dollar. Not sure how you can do all you do for the money but it's sure nice that you do! Chuck Robinson

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor.

I appreciate you sharing your experience while staying with us. It is so nice to hear that you felt like being at home because that is our goal! It sounds like you had a very long and busy trip so I am happy we were able to quickly get you into your room and cooled off. I always enjoy sharing such wonderful comments with our team members as they are our greatest asset!

I do hope all other aspects of your stay were satisfactory and hope that we will get the opportunity to have you as our guests again during future visits to Yakima. Thank you again for staying with us and for sharing your experience. We hope to have you back again soon!