“Good downtown hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Yakima
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Yakima HGI late January, 2013.
Great to have underground parking, (no ice scraping).
Great breakfast buffet-try the awesome bacon
Good room, and very good bed.
Only down side is wall mounted heat/cooling unit that was loud as it cycled on and off during the night.

• Stayed: January 2013
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while staying with us in Yakima. I am thrilled that you chose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn when visiting the area. It is great to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy our breakfast and complimentary underground parking. I have to agree that those are very important features when traveling. I do apologize that the heating/cooling system caused an inconvenience for you. The system does turn on to circulate the air to eliminate any condensation settling which keeps the air fresh for all of our guests. During future visits please don't hesitate to contact the front desk and we would be happy to have maintenance shut the system off for you during the evening. We understand that the noise could be disruptive to your sleep. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as it is very valuable for us to receive feedback.
Come back again soon! I will make sure that the Chef saves you some of that good bacon:)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I frequently stay at the Yakima HGI for business and have enjoyed every visit. The staff and management go above and beyond to be helpful and friendly. Location is great. I would recommend this hotel tho anyone visiting Yakima be it business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for continuing to stay at our hotel when visiting Yakima. It is so wonderful to read your kind comments regarding our entire team. We strive on providing exceptional customer service so I am thrilled to hear that we are meeting expectations. We will continue to provide consistent service and thrive to exceed your expectations during future visits. I sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience and look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

When in Yakima this is the place to stay at. In the center of town, near several restaurants and shops.

Check out the deals that include breakfast in the rate.

Good gym for a workout, indoor pool and more.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your recent response on Trip Advisor! I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. And yes, the breakfast package is definitely worth it because we have the best breakfast in town! I appreciate your wonderful comments about our hotel and location and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was an acceptable hotel - a no frills place to plug in and rest while traveling for business. The breakfast is not free but they do have a chef who will cook egg-related food to order.

They provided bottled water at the front desk and have cookies at night

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us while visiting Yakima. I am happy to say that we will be going through a renovation in our lobby in the next couple of months that will really add to our ambiance. We opened as a new hotel almost 7 years ago so we are very excited about these recent upgrades that will add some contemporary appearance to our beautiful lobby. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. It is my hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Yakima area. Thank you again for your review. Your time is very much appreciated.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have stayed at this property a number of times and each time the front desk agent greets me by name. The staff is attentive without being intrusive. The rooms are well appointed and I appreciate the complimentary internet in my room so I am able to work. The secure, underground parking is an added benefit, especially in inclement weather.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

I am so excited to share your review with our team! We definitely aim to make this your home-away-from-home so I am happy to hear that the staff has been so friendly and accommodating. We hope to have you back again soon and sincerely appreciate your kind review.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Clean, quiet, large room. Comfortable bed, friendly, helpful staff. Especially appreciated free secure parking garage. Close to downtown dining and downtown businesses. More upscale feel than you would expect.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing your last stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and friendliness of the staff. I agree that our location is convenient being downtown close to restaurants and businesses. There is so much to do within walking distance. I hope that we will get the opportunity to have you as our guest again when visiting the area. Thank you again for your great review.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hilton Garden is a smallish full service hotel. Modern, spacious rooms, friendly staff. Rooms come with microwave, frig, coffeemaker. Nice lobby with inviting couches around gas fireplace. Dinning room nothing special off of lobby --- but does have a full bar. A short walk through historic Yakima downtown to a number of restaurants --- casual sports bar, a couple Mexican places, one or two white table cloth options and a few chain restaurants. Decent espresso bar across the street for those who care about that!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

What a great review of our hotel! I appreciate your time in sharing your experience. We are definitely the "Palm Springs of Washington" and I wouldn't trade our over 300 days of sunshine for anything. I am so excited that you mentioned our wonderful staff because they are our true asset of our hotel!
We do have so much to offer within walking distance so it was nice to hear that you were able to enjoy the area. Thank you for sharing your experience! We hope to have you back again soon!