“Yakima HGI”

Hilton Garden Inn Yakima
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I frequently stay at the Yakima HGI for business and have enjoyed every visit. The staff and management go above and beyond to be helpful and friendly. Location is great. I would recommend this hotel tho anyone visiting Yakima be it business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for continuing to stay at our hotel when visiting Yakima. It is so wonderful to read your kind comments regarding our entire team. We strive on providing exceptional customer service so I am thrilled to hear that we are meeting expectations. We will continue to provide consistent service and thrive to exceed your expectations during future visits. I sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience and look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

When in Yakima this is the place to stay at. In the center of town, near several restaurants and shops.

Check out the deals that include breakfast in the rate.

Good gym for a workout, indoor pool and more.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your recent response on Trip Advisor! I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. And yes, the breakfast package is definitely worth it because we have the best breakfast in town! I appreciate your wonderful comments about our hotel and location and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was an acceptable hotel - a no frills place to plug in and rest while traveling for business. The breakfast is not free but they do have a chef who will cook egg-related food to order.

They provided bottled water at the front desk and have cookies at night

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us while visiting Yakima. I am happy to say that we will be going through a renovation in our lobby in the next couple of months that will really add to our ambiance. We opened as a new hotel almost 7 years ago so we are very excited about these recent upgrades that will add some contemporary appearance to our beautiful lobby. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. It is my hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Yakima area. Thank you again for your review. Your time is very much appreciated.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have stayed at this property a number of times and each time the front desk agent greets me by name. The staff is attentive without being intrusive. The rooms are well appointed and I appreciate the complimentary internet in my room so I am able to work. The secure, underground parking is an added benefit, especially in inclement weather.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

I am so excited to share your review with our team! We definitely aim to make this your home-away-from-home so I am happy to hear that the staff has been so friendly and accommodating. We hope to have you back again soon and sincerely appreciate your kind review.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Clean, quiet, large room. Comfortable bed, friendly, helpful staff. Especially appreciated free secure parking garage. Close to downtown dining and downtown businesses. More upscale feel than you would expect.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing your last stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and friendliness of the staff. I agree that our location is convenient being downtown close to restaurants and businesses. There is so much to do within walking distance. I hope that we will get the opportunity to have you as our guest again when visiting the area. Thank you again for your great review.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hilton Garden is a smallish full service hotel. Modern, spacious rooms, friendly staff. Rooms come with microwave, frig, coffeemaker. Nice lobby with inviting couches around gas fireplace. Dinning room nothing special off of lobby --- but does have a full bar. A short walk through historic Yakima downtown to a number of restaurants --- casual sports bar, a couple Mexican places, one or two white table cloth options and a few chain restaurants. Decent espresso bar across the street for those who care about that!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

What a great review of our hotel! I appreciate your time in sharing your experience. We are definitely the "Palm Springs of Washington" and I wouldn't trade our over 300 days of sunshine for anything. I am so excited that you mentioned our wonderful staff because they are our true asset of our hotel!
We do have so much to offer within walking distance so it was nice to hear that you were able to enjoy the area. Thank you for sharing your experience! We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

After traveling most of the day we were happy to arrive at the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is in the middle of town and there is a parking lot for the hotel guests. There is also underground parking which is where we parked. Check in was quick and while checking in I asked what we could do for a few hours. The gal told us the Washington State Fair was going on and it was just down the road. Wow, that was a perfect suggestion for us! We went to our room to drop off the luggage and when we walked in the room was quite large and the bathroom was a perfect size too. We headed to fair and really had a nice time. Quite different than what we are used to in our home town.
We had a good nights sleep in the comfy bed after the evening at the fair. In the morning we went down stairs to enjoy breakfast before heading out for our day of hiking at Mt Rainier NP. Breakfast is not included in the price of your room and is extra. ( I really enjoy hotels that include the breakfast in your stay. ) A cook will make your eggs any way you like them cooked too. There was also a large selection of breakfast items you can pick from on the buffet. Before we left from our breakfast , I asked our waitress about where we could pick up a couple of sandwhiches for the day as we were planning on hiking. She told us of a market up the road but asked if we would like the chef to make some fresh turkey sandwhiches to go. We told her that would be wonderful and he made them just the way we liked at a very reasonably price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple