“A gem in the rough!”

Hilton Garden Inn Yakima
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed August 29, 2012

There is no other way to describe this hotel. It is a wonderful hotel in a very bad part of town. There is a locked underground garage to secure your vehicle and you can only access it with a room key. The inside of the hotel is delightfully appointed. The staff are average. The garage elevator goes only to the 2nd floor and my room was on the 3rd floor, and I kept getting lost on the 2nd floor trying to find the other elevator. There are no signs directing anyone to the elevators, only to the room numbers? Anyhow I asked twice if the front desk could give me a map to navigate the hotel and I was told simply to get off the elevator at the first floor. Also, at check in I requested a quiet room. The area was experiencing a sports event and I asked if there were a bunch of kids and was told there was not. Apparently all the kids were in the room above mine because at 10pm there was madness in the room above me. Jumping off the beds and running around. I tolerated it hoping it would stop from 9-10 when I finally called and asked them to place me somewhere else. Once I got into my new room I was fine, but who likes having to change rooms in their pajamas? Not to mention I only stayed there so I would be well rested for my exam at 8am and when I awoke, my eyes were blood shot and I felt like my back was in knots. I did try the breakfast buffet - a bit pricey but I didnt have time to go deal with finding a restaurant. If you drive a block in any direction from this hotel please lock your doors if you know what I mean.

Room Tip: Rooms around 18-20 overlook the outside parking lot which can be a problem if you need quiet, especi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Yakima

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Whislt you expect a certain standard from the hotel you are never quite sure but our night in Yakima was great. The staff were very professional, helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean, comfortable and modern hotel decor.
Location was good and some good restaurants in close walking distance,
Whilst everything was faultless the atmosphere was slightly clinical but perhaps am just being a little fussy !
Certainly good value for money and you will find it difficult to find any real faults.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us in Yakima. It is great to hear that the staff was friendly and that your expectations were met. It is nice to know that you were able to go out and enjoy some of our local restaurants. We do have a beautiful and friendly city. Thank you for recognizing our hotel and we hope to have you as our guest again during future visits to the area.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I would gladly stay here again. Prime downtown location two blocks from 2nd Street, the liveliest street in downtown Yakima. Free parking in both the underground garage and the small open-air lot on the side of the hotel. Hotel is less than ten years old and feels nearly new; everything worked in room and maintenance standards are high. Entire first floor is restaurant, gym, pool and other amenities. Second floor is meeting rooms. Sleeping rooms are on floors 3, 4, and 5.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property. I am happy to hear that you had a great time while staying in Yakima and that you were able to have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful downtown area. I appreciate you sharing your experience and hope to have you back again when visiting Yakima.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was here as part of a group and we got in early so our rooms were not ready. The check-in could have been better but the poor woman at the front desk was overwhelmed since the hotel was sold out. But I am not sure why I got a handicap room and she would not switch it for me. My shower really sucks and I would have loved to experiment the new beds. When it's my choice, I will stick to Starwood because I am a Gold member and they are more flexible.

The room itself is big and I have 2 beds. I think in the rush to check us in, I found half used bottles in the bathroom but everything else was okay. The location is great.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
lisa_vallejo, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

I appreciate your candid review of your recent stay at our property. I apologize for the room assignment not meeting your expectations as comfort and safety are my highest priorities for our guests. In this sold out situation, handicap accessible rooms were assigned for overflow guests, I’m very sorry if the room modifications disrupted the comfort of your stay. I invite you to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area so that we may show you the best our property has to offer.

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Yakima
Reviewed August 10, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was impressed by this hotel. It is right downtown in the heart of the city. It is either newly remodeled or a new hotel. The parking is free. The restaurant and bar was good. Breakfast was only average (sausages weren't very good) but I was impressed with the dinner (crusted halibut was awesome). The gym was decent, they had new cardio equipment and a new weight machine (no free weights). Families will really like the indoor pool and hot tub. There was also free wifi and cookies.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 5th floor for best views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nomadic4fun

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us while visiting Yakima! I completely agree with your experience in reference to our Pecan Encrusted Halibut - it is my favorite!! I have shared your comments regarding the sausage with our Director of Food & Beverage and can assure a much better experience during future visits! I am happy to hear that all other aspects of your stay were "Great" and hope that we will get the opportunity to have you and your family back to visit again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for two nights while touring wineries in the Yakima Valley. Front desk staff were efficient and helpful. Room was large and well maintained. Breakfast was very good with a chef cooking made to order eggs. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

What a great review of the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima! We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback about your experience and for taking the time to share with everyone. Our location is perfect with being in the heart of downtown Yakima and the wineries are definitely worth coming to visit. We have many tasting rooms within walking distance so come back again and see what new wine's the vineyards are bringing in!

We look forward to having you back again soon!