“Great Hotel, Fabulous Location”

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Monmouth, Oregon
“Great Hotel, Fabulous Location”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was impressed by this hotel. It is right downtown in the heart of the city. It is either newly remodeled or a new hotel. The parking is free. The restaurant and bar was good. Breakfast was only average (sausages weren't very good) but I was impressed with the dinner (crusted halibut was awesome). The gym was decent, they had new cardio equipment and a new weight machine (no free weights). Families will really like the indoor pool and hot tub. There was also free wifi and cookies.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 5th floor for best views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nomadic4fun
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us while visiting Yakima! I completely agree with your experience in reference to our Pecan Encrusted Halibut - it is my favorite!! I have shared your comments regarding the sausage with our Director of Food & Beverage and can assure a much better experience during future visits! I am happy to hear that all other aspects of your stay were "Great" and hope that we will get the opportunity to have you and your family back to visit again soon!

Lisa Vallejo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for two nights while touring wineries in the Yakima Valley. Front desk staff were efficient and helpful. Room was large and well maintained. Breakfast was very good with a chef cooking made to order eggs. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
What a great review of the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima! We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback about your experience and for taking the time to share with everyone. Our location is perfect with being in the heart of downtown Yakima and the wineries are definitely worth coming to visit. We have many tasting rooms within walking distance so come back again and see what new wine's the vineyards are bringing in!

We look forward to having you back again soon!

Shelton, Washington
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband took part in a Civil War Reenactment in Yakima on June 16th. He sleeps in a tent with no floor and that is not really my style. I had a good friend join me at the hotel. We found the accommodations to be very nice and also safe. The location was perfect. We had dinner at the Olive Garden which was within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel and will plan on staying again if he decides to take part again next year.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your great experience on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that your husband was able to participate in the Civil War Reenactment here in Yakima and am sure that it was an exciting experience. I agree that sleeping in a comfortable hotel is a great preference for you and we are excited to hear that you will be back again to visit during your next adventure to Yakima. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience and hope to have you back again soon.

Tampa
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am a frequent traveler with HiltonHonor rewards and walked in to the Yakima, Washington Hilton Garden Inn to check availability and book a room for a night after returning from an Alaska cruise out of Seattle. I was treated less than politely, in fact what I would deem discriminatory. One front desk clerk was relatively polite and started to answer my questions, and the other one butted in and said "we don't do walk ins". I said more or less, that's funny because when I'm vacationing, especially sightseeing and camping without a set agenda, I don't know exactly where I'll end up from one night to the next, so I generally check on availability once I arrive at my stopping point for the night. Even after suggesting they check my rewards status, the story suddenly changed to "we're completely full" which I know not to be true because the parking lot was virtually empty, then I called the toll free reservations line to find plenty of availability. I am pissed at being treated so shabbily, so I will never stay at a Hilton again, ever!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer C
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I have tried to contact you offline to discuss this incident but have not been successful in getting a response. Please feel free to contact me by calling the hotel at 509-454-1111and asking to be transferred to extension 121. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us during your next visit to Yakima.

Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Very nice place to stay for one or a couple of nights. Booked a room for a business trip and enjoyed the decent rooms and the hospitality of all staff.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience while staying with us in Yakima. I am thrilled that you had a great stay and can't wait for you to come back and visit again!

York Beach, Maine
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Wonderful staff! Excellent service! Comfortable beds! Great breakfasts!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you so much for considering us the "Best in Yakima"! I sincerely appreciate your comments regarding the "wonderful staff", the service and comfort of our hotel. It is our goal to exceed all expectations and I am thrilled to see that we received such a great review regarding your stay. I hope that we will get the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon and we will continue to strive for excellence! Thank you again for sharing such a great experience! We look forward to your return visit!

Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Loved the location of this hotel, we did not move our car once during our trip. We went for wine tasting and enjoying the downtown area. Great restaurants within a few blocks and about 4 wine tasting rooms. The hotel rooms were comfortable and clean. It would have been nice to have the option of a suite but you could see mountains in the distance. There are not a lot of nice hotels in downtown, if I go again I would defiantly put this on my list of "would stay at". The staff was great. The pool had a little too much chlorine and chilly. The treadmills were nice, there was a couple other pieces of workout equipment but I did not notice them.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeanette R
It is such a pleasure to read such a wonderful review about our hotel and the Yakima Valley! We do have such a great community with so much to offer. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy so much and save gas at the same time:) Thank you for sharing your swimming pool experience. It is possible that it had been serviced and water added which caused it to be chilly. I do apologize if this was any inconvenience for you.

I appreciate you sharing your experience and hope that we will get the opportunity to have you back to enjoy the weather very soon! Hopefully we will have one of our suites available for you to enjoy while you are visiting! Thank you so much for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit!