“Best in Yakima!”

Hilton Garden Inn Yakima
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Wonderful staff! Excellent service! Comfortable beds! Great breakfasts!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you so much for considering us the "Best in Yakima"! I sincerely appreciate your comments regarding the "wonderful staff", the service and comfort of our hotel. It is our goal to exceed all expectations and I am thrilled to see that we received such a great review regarding your stay. I hope that we will get the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon and we will continue to strive for excellence! Thank you again for sharing such a great experience! We look forward to your return visit!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Yakima

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Loved the location of this hotel, we did not move our car once during our trip. We went for wine tasting and enjoying the downtown area. Great restaurants within a few blocks and about 4 wine tasting rooms. The hotel rooms were comfortable and clean. It would have been nice to have the option of a suite but you could see mountains in the distance. There are not a lot of nice hotels in downtown, if I go again I would defiantly put this on my list of "would stay at". The staff was great. The pool had a little too much chlorine and chilly. The treadmills were nice, there was a couple other pieces of workout equipment but I did not notice them.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeanette R

It is such a pleasure to read such a wonderful review about our hotel and the Yakima Valley! We do have such a great community with so much to offer. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy so much and save gas at the same time:) Thank you for sharing your swimming pool experience. It is possible that it had been serviced and water added which caused it to be chilly. I do apologize if this was any inconvenience for you.

I appreciate you sharing your experience and hope that we will get the opportunity to have you back to enjoy the weather very soon! Hopefully we will have one of our suites available for you to enjoy while you are visiting! Thank you so much for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed here for a conference last weekend, and it is by far the best place I've stayed in Yakima. I loved that it was located within walking distance of the convention center and the rest of downtown. The room was not overly large, but was more than adequate, and the "sleep number" beds were amazing. The staff was very friendly, reliable free internet, small but decent gym. Didn't swim in the pool but it looked really nice. I'm reading the reviews of a fancy spa -- wish I'd know about it! Had breakfast on Sunday morning and it was delicious, and a great value for the money. All-around great hotel! I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review and appreciate you sharing your experience! We are definitely located in a great location and I am thrilled that it was convenient for you during your conference. I am sure that you were very limited with your free time but hope that you will be back when you will get the opportunity to enjoy the pool, spa and all of the great things that Hilton Garden Inn and downtown Yakima have to offer. Since we have over 300 days of sunshine every year I hope that you will be here during one of those many days to enjoy our great valley. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We sincerely appreciate your time and hope to have you back again! Today's forecast is sunny and 81 degrees! Come on over:)

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Excellent clean, new Hilton with competetitve price in the Historic dsitrict of Yakima. Close to the wineries, excellent bakery and restaurants and the farmer's market on Sunday.Good parking and excellent service. The food smelled delicious in the restaurant inside but we didn't sample as we always go to the bakery. Definitely recommend. Excellent amenities. Has fancy spa attached! Will try it next time

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

I am thrilled that you had an excellent time while visiting us in Yakima! Our location is ideal to enjoy local venues within walking distance and I am happy that you had the opportunity to experience our valley. I agree that the local bakery is a must but insist that you try our wonderful all you can eat cook-to-order breakfast buffet during your next visit. Our chef has a special ingredient that he adds to all of our scrumptious omelet's that will keep you coming back for more:) Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I hope that we will get the pleasure of having you come back again real soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Yes there is, and it pretty much lives up to the standards you'd expect. Room was small but very clean and well maintained and the beds were very comfortable. We ate out but hit the bar up for room service and were very impressed. My wife really enjoyed the local wine. The staff was friendly. Free internet access with a reasonably fast connection. No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank humini
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I will be sure to pass along all of your great comments to our entire team here at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and I am happy to hear that you had a great time. We can't wait for your next visit to Yakima. Thank you again for sharing your experience and come back soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

You wouldn't expect a refreshing twist on a Hilton Garden to be in downtown Yakima, next to some empty buildings.
They took an old building and made a unique property. Really one of the best breakfasts available and nice local culture, built into hotel. Breakfast staff are friendly all the time, but front desk staff aren't always so.
Friendly reminder to HHonors members: great hotel, but just FYI , this property doesn't usually participate in Hilton promotions such as "double points" and the like.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank shrink11

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Our hotel does have a unique past. There was a mall years ago and the hotel sits where the former Mervyn's Department store was located. We are in the heart of downtown next to the Great Western Building which was built in 1915 and is part of the Historic Downtown Tour. We do have a nice local culture and a convenient location in the heart of downtown.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed our wonderful cook-to-order breakfast and the great service from our restaurant staff. I am disappointed to hear that the front desk staff were not as friendly and can assure you that we have shared your experience with them as a learning tool to improve service.

Thank you again for staying with us when traveling to Yakima. We hope to have you back again when your travels bring you to the area!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

The check-in staff was very nice. There were quite a few kids at the hotel (baseball tournament in town). They gave us a top floor, corner room which was appreciated.

The room was nice, parking and in-room wireless are free. There isn't a free breakfast. They do deliver a free newspaper in the morning.

My one compliant - and it's a big one - was the bed/pillows. The bed was extremely hard. When we sat down we didn't sink in at all! It felt like we were sleeping on the floor. The pillows were extremely soft - our heads sunk down completely....there was no head/neck support.

So, while the hotel and staff were nice the fact that we got no sleep during our 1 night there basically ruined the experience. We won't be staying there again...I value my sleep too much.

Room Tip: Request a top floor, corner room that is away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amendoz1
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not get any sleep which is a very important factor when choosing lodging accommodations. It appears that you stayed in one of our Garden Sleep System beds which is adjustable on both sides of the bed for your convenience. We do have a model of the knob instructions posted at the front desk along with a card that shows instructions on the bed. I am so sorry that this information was not covered thoroughly during your check in process. You are actually able to turn the knob to activate the air chambers which will either soften or harden, depending on your preference. All beds do have both the feather pillows and synthetic pillows which are required by Hilton. Please do not hesitate to contact the front desk at any Hilton properties if you are in need of extra pillows to accommodate your comfort level.
I am very happy to hear that the remainder of your experience with the staff and service was good and do hope that you will consider staying with us during future visits to Yakima. We have staff on duty 24 hours a day that can accommodate your requests. It is our goal to provide a wonderful experience and address any issues that you may have prior to leaving so that we can rectify the situation and provide a better experience for you.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. Again, I appreciate you sharing your experience.

Hilton Garden Inn Yakima