“There's a Hilton in Yakima?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Yakima

Hilton Garden Inn Yakima
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Bothell, WA
“There's a Hilton in Yakima?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Yes there is, and it pretty much lives up to the standards you'd expect. Room was small but very clean and well maintained and the beds were very comfortable. We ate out but hit the bar up for room service and were very impressed. My wife really enjoyed the local wine. The staff was friendly. Free internet access with a reasonably fast connection. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank humini
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I will be sure to pass along all of your great comments to our entire team here at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and I am happy to hear that you had a great time. We can't wait for your next visit to Yakima. Thank you again for sharing your experience and come back soon!

Lisa Vallejo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

You wouldn't expect a refreshing twist on a Hilton Garden to be in downtown Yakima, next to some empty buildings.
They took an old building and made a unique property. Really one of the best breakfasts available and nice local culture, built into hotel. Breakfast staff are friendly all the time, but front desk staff aren't always so.
Friendly reminder to HHonors members: great hotel, but just FYI , this property doesn't usually participate in Hilton promotions such as "double points" and the like.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank shrink11
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Our hotel does have a unique past. There was a mall years ago and the hotel sits where the former Mervyn's Department store was located. We are in the heart of downtown next to the Great Western Building which was built in 1915 and is part of the Historic Downtown Tour. We do have a nice local culture and a convenient location in the heart of downtown.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed our wonderful cook-to-order breakfast and the great service from our restaurant staff. I am disappointed to hear that the front desk staff were not as friendly and can assure you that we have shared your experience with them as a learning tool to improve service.

Thank you again for staying with us when traveling to Yakima. We hope to have you back again when your travels bring you to the area!

Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

The check-in staff was very nice. There were quite a few kids at the hotel (baseball tournament in town). They gave us a top floor, corner room which was appreciated.

The room was nice, parking and in-room wireless are free. There isn't a free breakfast. They do deliver a free newspaper in the morning.

My one compliant - and it's a big one - was the bed/pillows. The bed was extremely hard. When we sat down we didn't sink in at all! It felt like we were sleeping on the floor. The pillows were extremely soft - our heads sunk down completely....there was no head/neck support.

So, while the hotel and staff were nice the fact that we got no sleep during our 1 night there basically ruined the experience. We won't be staying there again...I value my sleep too much.

Room Tip: Request a top floor, corner room that is away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank amendoz1
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not get any sleep which is a very important factor when choosing lodging accommodations. It appears that you stayed in one of our Garden Sleep System beds which is adjustable on both sides of the bed for your convenience. We do have a model of the knob instructions posted at the front desk along with a card that shows instructions on the bed. I am so sorry that this information was not covered thoroughly during your check in process. You are actually able to turn the knob to activate the air chambers which will either soften or harden, depending on your preference. All beds do have both the feather pillows and synthetic pillows which are required by Hilton. Please do not hesitate to contact the front desk at any Hilton properties if you are in need of extra pillows to accommodate your comfort level.
I am very happy to hear that the remainder of your experience with the staff and service was good and do hope that you will consider staying with us during future visits to Yakima. We have staff on duty 24 hours a day that can accommodate your requests. It is our goal to provide a wonderful experience and address any issues that you may have prior to leaving so that we can rectify the situation and provide a better experience for you.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. Again, I appreciate you sharing your experience.

Hilton Garden Inn Yakima
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I did not have high expectations for this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised upon checking in. All staff whom I encountered were very nice, friendly and helpful; the room was very clean and everything was in working order. I really enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel (not included with the room rate) - there is a very nice little buffet (fruit, yogurt, breads/bagels, pastries, cereal, etc.) and then a great omelet and griddle station that has made-to-order omelets and eggs and I think pancakes/waffles too. It's a nice step above the normal breakfast buffet that a hotel has. Overall, my experience was very positive.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
I am so excited that we exceeded your expectations while staying with us in Yakima! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our guestrooms and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans bring you back to the Yakima Valley! Thank you so much for staying with us.

Warm Regards,

Florence, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

I will always remember how comfortable my bed was, I am going to try and find out what kind of mattress they use, really loved it. Overall everything was great but had a little noisy room for street traffic. Everything else was fine though, would def try again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your experience while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of your bed while staying with us. We actually have two different types of beds in our guest rooms. In all of our Double Queen bed rooms we have Serta mattresses and in all of our Single King bed rooms we have a Garden Sleep System bed which is controlled by knobs on both sides of the bed to release air into 10 chambers throughout the entire bed. These chambers form slowly to your body's comfort level. If you would like to contact me for further information on ordering either mattress I would be happy to help you acquire one for the comfort of your own home. Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel! Lisa, the general manager, is awesome! She bends over backward to be helpful and accommodating. The hotel is beautiful, clean, and well maintained inside and out. I was here with a large group of high school music students, and the hotel provided excellent food, the staff was friendly, and did not make any of our group feel like they were being a nuisance. The chef was willing and happy to prepare special, nutritious, and tasty dishes for any of the students who were on special diets. Definitely would stay here again.!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
What a great review of the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima! I am so humbled by your great comments. I thoroughly enjoy what I do and appreciate the fact that I could contribute to a memorable stay. Your entire group was truly a pleasure and we really enjoyed ourselves as well. I do hope that we will get the opportunity to have you back again soon. There are many fun things to do here in Yakima before the next conference comes back in 2014 so I hope that you will be able to come over and enjoy one of our 300+ days of sunshine. Thank you again for sharing such an outstanding experience and for choosing to stay with us when traveling to Yakima!

Washington State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I spent 4 days at the Garden Inn with 200 high school honor musicians and singers and the staff here made us feel so welcome and cared for. The attention to detail was great, the hotel manager, Lisa, was present and constantly checking with us that all was well. The food at both our banquet buffet and at the on-site restaurant was tasty and always fresh and hot. The best part was the rooms. Comfortable select number style beds made for a peaceful night, and uber fast wireless internet made keeping up with work a easy.

Room Tip: Rooms were very quiet, though the second floor shares space with conference rooms.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience while staying with us! I sincerely appreciate your kind words and can assure you that I probably had more fun than the students themselves. It was such a pleasure working with such a fine group of kids and the chaperones and attendees were always so upbeat and fun. I had a great time and am very thankful that you took the time to share your experience. I can't wait until the next conference and do hope that we will get the opportunity to have you as our guest again! Thank you again for staying with us and for your fabulous review!

Warm Regards,