“Very Comfortable Great Beds”

Hilton Garden Inn Yakima
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Florence, Oregon
“Very Comfortable Great Beds”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I will always remember how comfortable my bed was, I am going to try and find out what kind of mattress they use, really loved it. Overall everything was great but had a little noisy room for street traffic. Everything else was fine though, would def try again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of your bed while staying with us. We actually have two different types of beds in our guest rooms. In all of our Double Queen bed rooms we have Serta mattresses and in all of our Single King bed rooms we have a Garden Sleep System bed which is controlled by knobs on both sides of the bed to release air into 10 chambers throughout the entire bed. These chambers form slowly to your body's comfort level. If you would like to contact me for further information on ordering either mattress I would be happy to help you acquire one for the comfort of your own home. Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience!

Lisa Vallejo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel! Lisa, the general manager, is awesome! She bends over backward to be helpful and accommodating. The hotel is beautiful, clean, and well maintained inside and out. I was here with a large group of high school music students, and the hotel provided excellent food, the staff was friendly, and did not make any of our group feel like they were being a nuisance. The chef was willing and happy to prepare special, nutritious, and tasty dishes for any of the students who were on special diets. Definitely would stay here again.!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
What a great review of the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima! I am so humbled by your great comments. I thoroughly enjoy what I do and appreciate the fact that I could contribute to a memorable stay. Your entire group was truly a pleasure and we really enjoyed ourselves as well. I do hope that we will get the opportunity to have you back again soon. There are many fun things to do here in Yakima before the next conference comes back in 2014 so I hope that you will be able to come over and enjoy one of our 300+ days of sunshine. Thank you again for sharing such an outstanding experience and for choosing to stay with us when traveling to Yakima!

Washington State
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I spent 4 days at the Garden Inn with 200 high school honor musicians and singers and the staff here made us feel so welcome and cared for. The attention to detail was great, the hotel manager, Lisa, was present and constantly checking with us that all was well. The food at both our banquet buffet and at the on-site restaurant was tasty and always fresh and hot. The best part was the rooms. Comfortable select number style beds made for a peaceful night, and uber fast wireless internet made keeping up with work a easy.

Room Tip: Rooms were very quiet, though the second floor shares space with conference rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience while staying with us! I sincerely appreciate your kind words and can assure you that I probably had more fun than the students themselves. It was such a pleasure working with such a fine group of kids and the chaperones and attendees were always so upbeat and fun. I had a great time and am very thankful that you took the time to share your experience. I can't wait until the next conference and do hope that we will get the opportunity to have you as our guest again! Thank you again for staying with us and for your fabulous review!

Mill Creek, Washington
Reviewed February 20, 2012

A bright shiny penny in the heart of Yakima and it's convention area. We knew we made the right choice walking into it's clean welcoming foyer. A room change request was no problem for our friendly check in. Our youngest was quick to get into the pool, which was a perfect size and delightfully new and clean. Room service was speedy and delicious. A variety of sundries available in the lobby. Parking was easy, close and free. Convention center was a quick walk, just a few blocks away. If I need to stay again, I will make this my pick.... and make time to try Ummelina spa while I am there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
It is such a pleasure to read your review and see that you had such a great experience while staying with us and visiting Yakima. Our location is definitely convenient for leisure activities while enjoying the downtown area and I loved your comparison of us being a "bright shiny penny" in the heart of downtown! I am thrilled that your youngest child had a great time enjoying the pool during your stay. With four children myself, the swimming pool is the "hot spot" when checking into hotels so it is nice that the convenience of the indoor pool enabled your children to swim on these cold days. I do appreciate you sharing the wonderful experience you had while visiting and hope that we will get the opportunity to have you and your family visit again soon!

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Nice hotel and the staff were friendly. The beds are adjustable from soft to firm. Adjusted it all the way to firm, but it never got to what I would consider firm. They have a buffet style breakfast for $11.95. Lots to choose from, and a chef ready to cook omelets and other items.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have an open view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while staying with us. It is great news to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I do apologize that the bed did not get as firm as you would have liked it. The Garden Sleep System beds are very comfortable but due to the fact that they are individual air chambers it does take a little while for them to adjust to your comfort level. This is to ensure a noise free transition. And of course, we have the best breakfast in town so I am excited that you had the opportunity to enjoy that experience! We hope to have you back again soon. Thank you again for such a great review!

Mount Forest, Canada
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Stayed here for 2+ weeks.
Staff were great from the front desk to the wait staff. Rooms were clean and large with microwave and bar fridge. Breakfast had all you could ask for from fresh fruit to made to order eggs and omelets. Hot maple syrup for the waffles.
The American Grill was a great place to eat after a long day with good food and competitive pricing.
I look forward to returning in January.
Joe the owner made you feel at home.
Recommend this hotel if staying in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Gerald Mr D
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We truly enjoyed having you as our guest over the extended time of your stay and look forward to having you come back to visit. I agree that we do have a great owner that is very involved and who thoroughly enjoys catering to the needs of our guests. He does treat this hotel like his home and our guests as his family. I am so happy that you enjoyed the great food in our restaurant and the hospitality of our staff. I am very proud of our team and appreciate you taking the time to recognize them for their great service. We look forward to your next visit!

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stay here often when visiting family in Yakima and have never had an issue.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for being one of our loyal guests. I do hope that you consider this your home-away-from-home during visits and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Come back again soon!