“ok at best”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Tacoma, Washington
“ok at best”
Reviewed August 31, 2010

had to go to pendelton for a funeral the room was stifelingly hot and took an hour or so to cool down had a little funny smell breakfast was not terrible we are going back this weekend and i will try some were else

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 24, 2010

If you're looking for something fancy or something to impress your spouse/partner with, then go somewhere else. However, if the point of your trip is to use this hotel as a home base for a wine trip or for attending a soccer tournament or something like that, then it works just fine. The rooms are clean, the air conditioning functions well, and the staff is friendly. The rooms have a small fridge, free wireless internet, as well as a love seat and a clean bathroom. The complimentary breakfast includes fresh fruit, homemade waffles, yogurt, donuts, cereal, juice, tea, and coffee. I don't think you can expect more for the price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Bothell
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Website makes it appear much more appealing that it actually is. Over the phone, we were promised a room with two QUEEN beds (Queen mini-suite) with fold-out couch. When we got there, it was two DOUBLE beds and NO COUCH. We made it clear over the phone that we had a dog, but until we got there, they didn't tell us that people with dogs have to be in only CERTAIN rooms, none of which are what we were promised. I had to come up with a solution myself, with no help from the rude lady at the front desk. I asked for a rollaway bed, which they brought us, which didn't even FIT in the room because it was such a small room. They must use a wide-angle lens on the picture to make it look like a much bigger room than it actually is. We ended up having to put the mattress only onto the floor....the beds were too small for two adults to sleep comfortably
on double beds. The breakfast they show in the picture is AN ILLUSION....A JOKE! The donuts are cheesy little "mini" donuts without any frosting on them! Eggs? Yeah, right! What a deceitful array of food shown in the picture. Plus we were only given enough towels for 3 people....in a 4-person room!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Yakima hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I stayed @ the Cedars Suites - Yakima for 5 days while in town for business. I booked via AAA & got a decent rate.

LOCATION: The hotel is in a good location. It's just off the highway, close to downtown and there are plenty of shops/bars/restaurants nearby.

HOTEL/STAFF: There's nothing flashy about the hotel, but it's clean and appears adequately maintained. There were a few minor issues w/my stay, but staff was very nice and accommodating.

ROOM: As w/the hotel, the room was nothing flashy, and not as big as you'd expect a suite to be, but it was spacious enough, was clean (w/clean sheets/towels) & the bed/pillows were OK.

AMENITIES: The hotel had all the advertised amenities, but if you need WiFi for any reason, make sure you're not in a room near either end of the building. The wireless router is in the middle of the building and is not very strong.

OVERALL: Overall I thought the hotel was adequate, and my stay was fine. It was a good value for the price, & if I am ever in Yakima again, I wouldn't have a problem staying here again.

*DISCLAIMER* The reason for the delay in my review is nothing more than laziness on my part. I just didn't want to take the time. However, I take a lot of 1x trips for work, frequently to places I've never been before/usually don't return to, so I find the first-hand reviews here extremely valuable. As such I feel a responsibility to reciprocate.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Wa. State
Reviewed May 13, 2010

As I was traveling solo, I looked for inexpensive by clean accomodations. This fit that category.

I found them in the AAA guide advertising singles for $59.99. I called and reserved a room asking for that specific price. When I checked in, the room was listed at $68.00 plus tax. I called that to the desk clerks attention, and was told that the lower price was not available. Fortunately, a manager type was around, so I explained the situation to him, and he gave me the room for $55.00. I think the desk clerk was new, so it was no big deal.

The room was clean, large enough, and the bed was ok. Not a Grand Hyatt, but adequate for a quick nights stay. The TV and WiFi worked just fine. The contenential breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Holden, Missouri
Reviewed April 21, 2010

My sis & I had spent the day wine tasting and were looking for a clean place to stay. The visitor's center recommended the Cedar Suites. I was reluctant, but unwilling to pay at least $30 more at the other hotels in town. Although the motel is older, it seems to be in good repairs. The rooms are small, but include a mini fridge and microwave. The beds were comfortable and the bed linens okay. The bathroom towels and wash clothes were a bit thin for my taste. The room could have been vacuumed better in the corners and under the edges of the bed; additionally the bath still had the prior guest's soap in the shower. We did not experience problems with the noise. We didn't use the breakfast, but had cookies and milk in the evening, yum! I'm might stay again for the price we paid.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We stayed here for one night during a recent trip to the Tri-Cities, although we only stayed one night there was three of us and room was a bit cramped! We knew it was a smaller room, but managed fairly well for the one night. Room was clean, beds were comfortable but walls and front of hotel really noisy, probably because it was a motor style hotel that you drove right up to your door and everyone who arrived after us, sounded like their key was going in our door, and all the voices of people who arrived after us quite noticeable, lots of highway noise also. For a short stay I might try them again but for a longer stay I think you would do much better in another property with rooms situated away from parking lot and possibly farther away from main highway. Breakfast was enough to fill us up and get us on our way, pre made omelettes that you needed to heat up in microwave were surpisingly good.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family