“Horrible customer service!!”

GuestHouse Inn Yakima
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed September 30, 2006

Stayed here for one night, I had to change my reservation and called the day before the reservation and the person on duty said "no problem" . Cedar Suites ended up charging me for a no-show and stated I had to call by 3 pm the day before to change a reservation, even though it said on my reservation confirmation that a change to reservation must be made by midnight the day before and I called at 6 pm in the evening! They charged me $83.00 for this so called "no-show"! When I contacted the manager on duty she was horribly rude and said "it was my fault for not following policy". I guess they don't know what their own policy really is! Be warned if you need to modify your reservation! Terrible experience!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business

Reviewed September 23, 2006

We drove by the hotel three times before we found it. Construction on the main road off the interstate made it difficult to find. The front desk was extremely helpful and helped us with recommendations for dinner. The continental breakfast was incredible and the person in charge of caring for it was amazing. The breakfast was the highlight of the stay. Cable TV selections were great. Parking was excellent. The room was very nice. Only complaint was that there were too many smokers staying there. After showering we found various guests standing outside our door smoking with no way to get around them while we packed up our car.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Gatorzman
Reviewed September 15, 2006

When we checked in we were told we could use a coupon that we were given that day at the visitor center in town. When we checked out, this was refused and we were charged a higher rate.
The check-out person was rude. The beds are hard and the pillows flat, shower was luke warm. Wouldn't go there again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank tomahawk06
Reviewed July 24, 2006

We got this via AAA and were very pleased. We paid $70.00 a night for a two bed mini-suite. The area the hotel is located is a mixed business area with several other hotel/motels in the area. The greeting from the front desk was polite but not overly frendily. The room was clean and comfortable. The small sitting area was nice. The outside tempature was over 100 degrees. The air conditioner had no problem getting and keeping the room cool, unlike many other places we have stayed in during this trip. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank redone2177
Reviewed May 19, 2006

The staff was friendly and helpful. Check in and check out went smoothly and quickly.
The free breakfast was good...make-your-own waffles as well as muffins, eggs creeal and nice hot coffee. Our room was comfortable and clean. I definitely would stay at the Cedars the next time I am in Yakima.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed March 16, 2006

Spic and span room, pleasant and helpful staff, quiet location, comfy bed. Excellent free breakfast included eggs, do-it-yourself waffles, cereal, etc. Great price. I was especially grateful that they cheerfully took me in close to midnight when the motel where I'd made a reservation was unable to find me a room. I'd definitely stay there again!

A TripAdvisor Member
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 27, 2006

Lady at the front desk was very rude. Spent 10 minutes talking on the phone trying to get maintenance man to go fix a leak in one of the rooms. Then when she finally helped me she had a terrible attitude. The breakfast was awful too -old cereal and muffins.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business