“Great stay at a reasonable price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of GuestHouse Inn Yakima

GuestHouse Inn Yakima
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Seattle, Washington
“Great stay at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

This motel is easy on and off of highway 82. It was a well furnished room with a couch where I could sit and watch TV and a coffee table for my laptop. No good plug for it, so I had to choose between the clock radio and the bedside lamp. I especially like the sink outside the bathroom with lots of counter space.There is a refrigerator and a microwave. They have a good breakfast, but if you are gluten free, I suspect the egg patties may have flour in them. Something affected me both days I had the eggs, so on the third morning I had my own gluten free cereal with me. The staff is friendly and helpful. If I must complain about something it would be the TV remote. It only changes channels. It doesn't power on or off or change the volume and there is no sleep timer. And I hate the sink faucet. It is one of those big ugly balls that are very hard to adjust and impossible if your hands are soapy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. I had never been to Yakima before and was not sure of the lay of the land, so to speak. We decided on this hotel based on the price, which was very affordable. We had a double room and each bed had 4 pillows, which I loved. The room itself was a nice size and very, very clean. There was a TV, with cable, a dorm sized fridge and even a microwave. The bathroom was also very clean and had plenty of towels. The room has an AC that you can easy control so you either do not sweat or freeze at night. The best part was that the room was quiet at night! The hotel offers a free breakfast and it has a good selection including cereals, yogurts, and even a do it yourself waffle maker. In the evenings they have milk and cookies in the lobby and when we got there the cookies were still warm from the oven! The hotel in behind the Target, Big Lots, Dollar Tree, and Pizza Hut and you can walk quickly there (3 minute walk). The area also has a nail salon and a liquor store, too. You can walk to the Yakima Visitor's center, which is across the street from the Target. This hotel was a prime location for us as we were in Yakima for the Wineries Express day tour and they meet at the Visitor's Center or can pick you up at your hotel (we got dropped off). If I find myself back in Yakima, I would stay at this hotel again and I would also recommend it. I found the staff very helpful and they even looked up the timing and location for the Yakima Folklife Festival and then gave us very good directions.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. I hope you had fun on your wine tour bus i didnt see you to hear how it was. We love having nice guests like you two it makes my job worth coming to work. We hope you come back again and Thank You for the review......
Graham, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We found this via hotels.com when we got it i figured it was better than getting home tired at midnight. i walk in and the first thing i see is a couch and an end table. saw a fridge/freezer. (freezer didn't freeze all my ice bricks, but i wasn't expecting it to and figured it would be better than being in the cooler.) In the bathroom, the shower had a soap/shampoo dispenser. I totally like this idea--you can use what you need and there isn't have a bottle to take home because it can't be left for the next guest. I used the bathroom in the morning and plugged up the toilet. I called the front desk and let him know. less than 10 minutes a guy came and gave me a plunger. It was the relatively new design that WORKS as well is cheap (we got ours for less that 5 dollars). I would definitely stay here again, and would stay it others int he chain in other cities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Graham, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Book this place with Hotels.com and got a decent rate specially since it was 4th of July weekend.
The room itself was fairly nice and I would say was more on 3rd star ratings- one interesting thing about the room I thought was in the bathroom with the soap dispensers, instead of like most hotels that give you little bottles and bars of soap here its in a dispenser- which IMO makes more sense to me and dont see why more places dont do that as I would assume it would cut down cost in that regards.
The continental breakfast they offer looks like your normal one most hotels offer, a waffle maker and some donuts and other things.(I didnt had any though, as it was Sunday and we were heading to Bobs Burgers for Sunday Brunch)
The place itself is clean and located nice area of Yakima.
Overall, if your looking for a place to crash and get cleaned up in the morning- IMO you cant go wrong going here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GhostHuntersFan
Thank you for the review we really enjoy hearing back from our guests I am glad you like our motel . I agree with you on the shower dispensers much more cost effective.We do hope to have you back.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I liked this place a lot the staff was very friendly and helpful. They even brought cookies to me in the evening which I thought was so nice of them. My room was very clean and was perfect for me and my daughter to sleep in. Its a little hard to find but once you know where it is then its easy to get to it is right behind target and big lots which was great since I was staying for a week I walked to there several times for things I needed. The motel has breakfast which I enjoyed there was a little bit of everything to eat. then at night they served warm cookies right out of the oven which was yummy!! I recommend this place the price is very good and it is clean all the staff was very friendly

Room Tip: I stayed in the room above the office it was private and quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much we love to here our guests enjoyed their stay!! We hope to see you back soon!!
Tauranga, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Bathroom is small, toilet runs, bathroom fan is very loud, barely walking space between beds and desk. Linens are old, pillowcases are pilled. We had two double beds ... fine for the kids, but for two adults, it was much too small and uncomfortable. Lighting is poor. Furniture is outdated. The couch needed a good vacuum. The place is in bad need of a makeover.

On the plus side, there was a fridge with small freezer provided as well as microwave, iron and ironing board and hair dryer.

However, partially eaten Blizzards were put in the freezer at night, by morning they were liquid. Doesn't seem the freezer freezes.

Breakfast selection was poor. No fresh fruit. Donuts tasted like day old specials from a bakery, both cereals were sugary. (Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran).

The staff sat out front smoking, looking bored. But they were friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
rachael m, Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
I am sorry that you did not enjoy you stay.i agree our rooms are small and i wish they were a little bigger. we do keep our rates low and are rooms are very clean. Once agian I am sorry. Hope you have a good day

Travelers are raving about these Yakima hotels