“a nice surprise”

GuestHouse Inn Yakima
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We found this via hotels.com when we got it i figured it was better than getting home tired at midnight. i walk in and the first thing i see is a couch and an end table. saw a fridge/freezer. (freezer didn't freeze all my ice bricks, but i wasn't expecting it to and figured it would be better than being in the cooler.) In the bathroom, the shower had a soap/shampoo dispenser. I totally like this idea--you can use what you need and there isn't have a bottle to take home because it can't be left for the next guest. I used the bathroom in the morning and plugged up the toilet. I called the front desk and let him know. less than 10 minutes a guy came and gave me a plunger. It was the relatively new design that WORKS as well is cheap (we got ours for less that 5 dollars). I would definitely stay here again, and would stay it others int he chain in other cities.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for GuestHouse Inn Yakima

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Book this place with Hotels.com and got a decent rate specially since it was 4th of July weekend.
The room itself was fairly nice and I would say was more on 3rd star ratings- one interesting thing about the room I thought was in the bathroom with the soap dispensers, instead of like most hotels that give you little bottles and bars of soap here its in a dispenser- which IMO makes more sense to me and dont see why more places dont do that as I would assume it would cut down cost in that regards.
The continental breakfast they offer looks like your normal one most hotels offer, a waffle maker and some donuts and other things.(I didnt had any though, as it was Sunday and we were heading to Bobs Burgers for Sunday Brunch)
The place itself is clean and located nice area of Yakima.
Overall, if your looking for a place to crash and get cleaned up in the morning- IMO you cant go wrong going here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GhostHuntersFan
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for the review we really enjoy hearing back from our guests I am glad you like our motel . I agree with you on the shower dispensers much more cost effective.We do hope to have you back.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I liked this place a lot the staff was very friendly and helpful. They even brought cookies to me in the evening which I thought was so nice of them. My room was very clean and was perfect for me and my daughter to sleep in. Its a little hard to find but once you know where it is then its easy to get to it is right behind target and big lots which was great since I was staying for a week I walked to there several times for things I needed. The motel has breakfast which I enjoyed there was a little bit of everything to eat. then at night they served warm cookies right out of the oven which was yummy!! I recommend this place the price is very good and it is clean all the staff was very friendly

Room Tip: I stayed in the room above the office it was private and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much we love to here our guests enjoyed their stay!! We hope to see you back soon!!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Bathroom is small, toilet runs, bathroom fan is very loud, barely walking space between beds and desk. Linens are old, pillowcases are pilled. We had two double beds ... fine for the kids, but for two adults, it was much too small and uncomfortable. Lighting is poor. Furniture is outdated. The couch needed a good vacuum. The place is in bad need of a makeover.

On the plus side, there was a fridge with small freezer provided as well as microwave, iron and ironing board and hair dryer.

However, partially eaten Blizzards were put in the freezer at night, by morning they were liquid. Doesn't seem the freezer freezes.

Breakfast selection was poor. No fresh fruit. Donuts tasted like day old specials from a bakery, both cereals were sugary. (Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran).

The staff sat out front smoking, looking bored. But they were friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
rachael m, Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

I am sorry that you did not enjoy you stay.i agree our rooms are small and i wish they were a little bigger. we do keep our rates low and are rooms are very clean. Once agian I am sorry. Hope you have a good day

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed April 8, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I reviewed the Guesthouse Inn back in 2012 and I still keep going back there when I visit Yakima (which is often)! The staff are friendly and helpful. They have gone out of their way to help me arrange for other family members to stay at the Inn, book rooms, or come in late. By the way, they have hot chocolate chip cookies at happy hour in the lobby each night!

Even though it is not fancy, it is clean and the breakfast is good. I have stayed at a larger, fancier hotel in Yakima that did not have as good of breakfast. The Guesthouse Inn has all the regular continental offerings but also has the ingredients to make an egg, ham, and cheese English muffin or a hot waffle.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. This is still my go-to place!

Room Tip: I usually stay in the King size suite (which is a bargain online!).
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank tsuzki33
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

The room was very clean. It was a bit small but for what we paid it can not be beat. The king size bed comfortably fit 2 adults and a child. The breakfast was alright (the waffles weren't that good). I will defiantly be staying here again if I pass through.

Stayed: December 2013
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for the review. We hope to have you back soon.