“Great for the price!”

GuestHouse Inn Yakima
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The staff was very welcoming, the room was clean and you can not beat the price! We only stayed one evening because it was a quick trip and spent most of our time out and about in Yakima. It worked well for our needs and we would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jaclyn B
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank You for the great review we are very pleased you will stay with again we love to have guests like you hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

A search for a decent hotel in Yakima resulted in a variety of prices and ratings. The reviews for this hotel were surprising considering the rates indicated on line.
We decided to try this hotel as it accepted pets which a lot of hotels do not. The hotel was easy to find from I-82. Reservations were very simple and check in was quick. Staff was friendly and informative.
The room was small but the king size bed was very comfortable. The room and bath room were very clean and most adequate. Free internet and free breakfast were included as well as milk and cookies in the evening.
We stay in Yakima on our annual trip to Arizona and will definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Get the Internet Special Rate.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pdarcy
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank You very much for the review we are happy that you enjoyed your stay.We look forward in having you back next time you come through Yakima..

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Found it on Priceline, but found out the weekly rate is below $40, so I'm planning on being back next year. Clean, basic spot for 10 days of work. Tip: book direct, stay upstairs, avoid their washer/dryer.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your review you guys are great and we hope to have you back again!!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed one night in room 100. I was running late that night and called ahead and stated when I would arrive. Upon arrival had to wait 4 minutes while staff was outside talking to her boyfriend. There was no one else in the lobby. I even went back outside to get her attention. She just looked at me and ignored me. I went back inside and loudly rang the bell. Then she came in and asked how she could help. Key cards (2) did not work in door. Back to lobby to ask for help. She told me that the cards do not always work and to try it again. I told her that I had tried both cards multiple times and did not see the benefit of trying again. She reprogrammed the cards and went with me to see if they would work. They did and she left. Curtain was off the track and could not be closed (I fixed it). Toilet had not been cleaned, dirty brown splatters in bowl. Smoke detector was hanging from ceiling by wires. Dry folded washcloth laying in the sink. It was late and I was tired so I let it go. When checking out I talked to the manager who apologized but took no note of the problems and did not seem to expect any changes. She said it was a problem to get good help. What a silly excuse for poor management practices. This is a community with very high unemployment. This was not the least expensive lodging in town but that room was quite possibly the worst. Hotel owners should look closely at these reviews and ask themselves why this can happen and if it is indeed what they desire.

The rest of the hotel services were as described in other reviews and I possibly just got the short straw this time, but it made me not want to stay there again.

Room Tip: When making the reservation, ask what the policy is for an unacceptable room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Randy H
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that this place was great for the money. The staff was so upbeat and helpful. They have a decent breakfast bar and also milk and cookies from 5pm-7pm. The room was immaculate and very accommodating. Internet service was quite adequate. $72.10 for my 5-person family in one room (two Queens and a good hide-a-bed sofa) on a Saturday night!

• Stayed: September 2013
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Mister Simpson, Thank you for your review we enjoyed having you as our guests. We do keep our rates low for our guests that our on a budget...Hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I missed the turn to get back to this great motel (from E. Yakima Ave, turn north at Union St and right on A), but when I got back over the freeway and pulled in, I already felt relief. Nice, clean exterior, very helpful front desk staff ready to answer all questions. I jumped on the PC in the lobby, figured out a few places to go and staff gave me not only a Google map they printed when I told them where I wanted to go, but good directions with landmarks. The room was very clean, and large enough to spread out. The room was inexpensive and I'll bet better than anywhere else in town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Brett N

Brett, Thank you for the great review we love guests that our happy with their stay. We hope to see you again!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This trip we were just looking for a budget priced motel and found it with this motel In Yakima.
It was a little difficult to find since it is not a big name chain. It would have helped if we had known it was right across the road from Holiday Inn Express and close to the Howard Johnson motel. Once we found it however we were pleasantly surprised. The desk staff were very helpful letting us know that because we forgot about the change to Pacific Mountain Time the evening cookies and milk for guests were still available. The beds were good and the TV had many more channels available than we expected. Before getting on the road in the morning we had the free breakfast which was considerably better than expected.

Room Tip: We have no additional information on room selection but recommend that bargain motel shoppers do not...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us we glad you enjoyed your stay!! I know it is a bit dificult to find. We do hope to have you back if you come through Yakima....