“Omg- you gotta try it here!”

GuestHouse Inn Yakima
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I was really impressed with this hotel. I was tired when I checked in and the front desk lady notices and asked me if there was anything that she could do to make my stay better, I was really suprised. She also personally picked me out a great room she said she knew was the best, which it was.
The room was spotless, not to fashionable but very clean and cozy.
The location was nice since I had forgotten my toothbrush and my toothpaste all I had to do was walk a little ways to Target and get it . There were also a few other stores to go to too.
I wasent able to make to breakfast since I woke up late and had to get on the road but everyone seemed to be enjoying it and the waffles smelled great!
I would definently come back here the staff was greatt everyone generous and smiley!
I definetly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: upgrade to a king
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 22, 2011

myself and family stayed there and it was great for the price. the staff was friendly and helpful,the rooms were clean and cozy!! The breakfast was excellent there was waffles, eggs,ham, and cheese for omeletes english muffins, bagels ,juices,cereal. and soo much more!! There was wireless internet free!! I recomend this place if your on a budget!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2010

When I went to check in I was asked for my driver’s license, I showed it to her and she said she needed to make a copy of it. WHAT??! She then said they make copies of all driver's licenses so if the cops stop by to serve warrants they have a positive ID for that room. REALLY??! They have a 24 hour cancellation policy and because I would not give them my driver’s license they would not give me a room and they charged me for one night. Any property with that kind of policy cant be safe. Pay a few more bucks and be safe!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Paper cups, thin, course towels, cheep toiletries, and filthy rugs and upholstery that upon close inspection revealed the previous patron's cut toe and finger nail clippings -- need I say more? A most disgusting place. Don't be fooled by the free continental breakfast either. The breakfast contained dry cereal and a waffle hot iron. Staff is friendly; that is about the only good thing I can say about this place.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

had to go to pendelton for a funeral the room was stifelingly hot and took an hour or so to cool down had a little funny smell breakfast was not terrible we are going back this weekend and i will try some were else

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2010

If you're looking for something fancy or something to impress your spouse/partner with, then go somewhere else. However, if the point of your trip is to use this hotel as a home base for a wine trip or for attending a soccer tournament or something like that, then it works just fine. The rooms are clean, the air conditioning functions well, and the staff is friendly. The rooms have a small fridge, free wireless internet, as well as a love seat and a clean bathroom. The complimentary breakfast includes fresh fruit, homemade waffles, yogurt, donuts, cereal, juice, tea, and coffee. I don't think you can expect more for the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Website makes it appear much more appealing that it actually is. Over the phone, we were promised a room with two QUEEN beds (Queen mini-suite) with fold-out couch. When we got there, it was two DOUBLE beds and NO COUCH. We made it clear over the phone that we had a dog, but until we got there, they didn't tell us that people with dogs have to be in only CERTAIN rooms, none of which are what we were promised. I had to come up with a solution myself, with no help from the rude lady at the front desk. I asked for a rollaway bed, which they brought us, which didn't even FIT in the room because it was such a small room. They must use a wide-angle lens on the picture to make it look like a much bigger room than it actually is. We ended up having to put the mattress only onto the floor....the beds were too small for two adults to sleep comfortably
on double beds. The breakfast they show in the picture is AN ILLUSION....A JOKE! The donuts are cheesy little "mini" donuts without any frosting on them! Eggs? Yeah, right! What a deceitful array of food shown in the picture. Plus we were only given enough towels for 3 people....in a 4-person room!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family