“My Favorite Restaurant in Yakima”
Review of Cafe Melange - CLOSED

Cafe Melange
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Cozy (only 11 tables) with a great menu and wine selection. Make sure that you have their house salad, either with your entree or by itself. It's one of the best salads I've ever eaten.

1  Thank Kerry S

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I looked forward to exploring the restaurants in Yakima and gave this one a try. The Wednesday night was not crowded, only one other couple when we got there, only one other couple during our stay. The menu is interesting, seemed like a pricy place per the dishes listed. I took the waiters recommendation and tryed the special for that night. It was a steak and salmon plate. My partner threw out the meat and ordered the salmon cakes only. They were very good. I should have done the same. My steak was not tender, lots of gristle to cut away. The waiter mentioned something about my order getting a larger steak, portion size, than advertised. I told him that was not the problem. Expected better, this is cattle country, isn't it? Wine list was good, would like to see more offerings by the glass. This would not be my first recommendation for Yakima.

1  Thank BossRino
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

We had made reservations at the French restaurant around the corner. My wife has allergies and when the chef there couldn't tell us the ingredients we left and came here. Glad we did! Duck with marionberry port sauce was tremendous. Melange salad was huge and delicious. We each had a tenderloin. Both were well prepared. Shitake was a little better matched to steak. Server recommended a good, fairly priced red to complement our meals!

1  Thank gec718
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stopped by again on my annual visit to Yakima. Food was once again outstanding. Service a tad below par, but acceptable.

1  Thank FireTruckGuy
Reviewed September 20, 2012

It may have been good at one time, but I cannot say it was that great. Waiter was brisk, food was over cooked and wine was hugely marked up. Gilbert's Malbec next door in the their wine tasting room $26.00 but $66 in Cafe Melange.

We have past it the last two nights and it has been all but empty perhaps there is some merit to my comments.