“Counterbalance” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vero Beach
“Counterbalance”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I put one star so people would look at my review along side the other one-star review. I have never in all my years on Trip Advisor read a more self-centered, pretentious review than that one. In the time I have visited the Manor we have held our wedding rehearsal dinner reserving the entire place and have taken my wife's whole family there when we brought our son and fiancé for a visit a couple of years ago. Besides those two times my wife and I have dined there a dozen times. I have traveled in France "for what it's worth" and find the food quite comparable.
I would respectfully suggest the poster try it again and get his self-righteous nose out of the air

Visited December 2013
4 Thank Gatordad48

Seattle, Washington
“Weekend at the Birchfield Manor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

After a few years hiatus from the Birchfield Manor, I was extremely glad to have revisited. Expect excellence. Very attentive Resort level service from every staff member I encountered. Although the Manor is known for the cuisine (again, excellent) I appreciate the setting of the bed and breakfast. Albeit Yakima, bring your high expectations, thru my 5 visits there I have never been disappointed.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Kreed K
Tacoma, Washington
“Very special place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is not your normal restaurant. The first thing is that seating for dinner is at a specific time. It was 7PM when we were there. The feeling is very inviting as if you were guests of a home that had a gourmet chef and a butler.
The prices are higher than listed on this site. Most items were in the $40 range but that did include an appetizer, salad and coffee with a chocolate.
The rack of lamb was cooked to the chef’s recommendation and was perfect.
This is definitely a place to go to for that special event or if you just was a nice night out.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank travelfromtacoma
Seattle, WA
“Truly top notch food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were staying at Birchfield Manor for the weekend and saw the menu for the restaurant posted upstairs. It looked delicious, but also pricey, so we were a little hesitant. We were here celebrating our 10 year anniversary, so we decided to splurge and give it a try Saturday night. I am so glad we did! They were able to accommodate us on very short notice and we were able to be seated down in the wine cellar.

I would HIGHLY recommend asking to be seated in the cellar. It is truly a dining experience like no other. It was so romantic and we were able to savor our food to the fullest. The first course was a duck and onion confit over grilled polenta and it was out of this world! I have never tasted anything so delicious. The melding of textures and flavors were just outstanding! It was SO good, I asked our server if I could have another course of this instead of a dessert. He checked with the chef, and he was happy to oblige.

For the main course, I had the prawn cakes and my husband had the puff pastry wrapped salmon. They were both wonderful as well. Cooked perfectly and the sauce pulled all the flavors together.

The service was also outstanding. It is rare to find professional servers who know what they are doing and how to treat guests.

If you are in Yakima and are looking for fine dining, Birchfield is definitely the place. The food is spectacular, the setting is romantic, and the service is top notch. We hope to be back someday!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank aliciact
“Dinning experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Don't let the Bed and Breakfast scare you away, Birchfield is a premier dinning experience. I have never had a more perfectly executed Rack of Lamb. Each of the courses complement the next. If you love food and wine, Birchfield Manor is a must!

• Visited November 2012