“Better than a sports bar”

Gasperetti's Gourmet Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 243 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Please join us for an afternoon or evening of unbelievable food and outstanding service. Our restaurant has been serving the dining needs of those in the Yakima Valley since 1943. We will make sure your visit is memorable.
Kent, WA
“Better than a sports bar”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

After a fly fishing trip, a friend and I wanted to have dinner at some place where we could watch some of the Seahawks game, but didn't want to go to a sports bar where it would probably be very crowded and noisy. My friend recommended Gasperetti's in Yakima, so that's where we ended up, my first time there. We sat in the bar/lounge area and had a good view of the big screen TV and the game. It worked out quite well, as it wasn't too noisy or crowded, so we could easily carry on a conversation about our fishing while watching the game and eating dinner. Service was excellent and the food was decent. I saw very few people in the dining area, but it looked really nice and upscale with linen tablecloths and napkins; my wife would probably like eating there. I had the Happy Hour Fish & Chips ($11) and a small Caesar salad. The Caesar salad was excellent, with very fresh and chilled lettuce, nicely grated Parmesan cheese and a somewhat lighter than usual dressing. The fish was good, but the breading was soggy and not crisp. The chips/fries were seasoned nicely. As others have mentioned, the location doesn't seem very good, and it isn't easy to spot the restaurant from the street. Parking is in the back and there is a back entrance. I'd definitely go back for the top rate service and Caesar salad, but I'd like to try other things on the menu.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank RexTak

Sunnyside, Washington
“International Gourmet Quality Restaurant in Yakima, WA!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Gasperetti's has a long history in Yakima. The most amazing thing about this restaurant is the consistency of the gourmet food and superior staff over the years!! Their Crab Penne is to die for; their steaks melt in your mouth, and John's Combination plate of Italian specialities is heaven on a plate. Their drinks and desserts are excellent as well, and the staff is as good as urban staff in the finer restaurants of London and Paris. If the owner John Gasperetti is there when you visit, it is a real treat. He truly appreciates your business and graciously lets you know that. If his sister Jean is hostessing, you also feel especially welcome and appreciated. This is a gem in Eastern Washington that could be operating beautifully in any urban city in the world!!

• Visited July 2013
Yakima, Washington
“Valentine's Dinner”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you're looking for a great dining experience in Yakima, this is it. Can be a little pricey, but great for special occasions when style and presentation as well as atmosphere count. John Gasperetti was there during dinner, and it stopped by our table to see how we were enjoying our meal. Great experience, outside parking is a little sketchy due to the immediate neighborhood, but not issues while we were there.

Visited March 2013
Seattle
“This Time No Better Than Average”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

It's difficult to find a really good restaurant in Central Washington. Having tried Gasperetti's once and found it a pleasant surprise, we decided to try it again. This time we were somewhat disappointed. My beet salad with arugula and blue cheese was OK, but there were some very yellow leaves of arugula that never should have made it into the salad. My husband thought his Caesar was OK, but if he were to order it again, would have asked for the additional anchovies that are available. I would give my lamb sausage with gigante beans, spinach, and tomato sauce a solid B. The sausages were of good quality and the gigante beans were delicious. The spinach was supposed to have been sauteed. If so, there were still some raw ones left, but that's a minor quibble. My main criticism was that the dish swam in tomato sauce. The real disappointment was my husband's smoked salmon, capers, and spinach penne. Boring! The smoked salmon was in large chunks, which meant that you could eat mouthfuls of pasta with no salmon flavor at all. The dish was very dry. If this item is to stay on the menu, it needs a lot of work. I remembered that we had enjoyed the seasonal fruit crumble at our first visit, so I ordered it again. This time it was raspberry, although obviously not seasonal. The raspberry was fine, but the crumble part was mushy. This dish should be baked a bit longer. Service was good. The room was very cold, so I kept my parka on until dessert.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank paokano
Yakima, Washington
“Consistently the best in Yakima”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

John Gasperetti has maintained a standard of excellence in food, drinks, wine, and atmosphere for several decades. I've lived in Yakima since 1979 and it has never stopped being my favorite place for lunch or dinner.
Favorite meals include the crab salad, crab cannelloni, rack of lamb, and steak, plus they have the best onion rings I've ever tasted.
The restaurant has several different seating areas and rooms, some quite formal and others more casual. The bar draws lots of locals and can be a lot of fun. Not a place to miss if you are visiting Yakima!

Visited April 2013