“Indulge yourself in great meal” 4 of 5 stars

Gasperetti's Gourmet Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 240 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: Italian, American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Please join us for an afternoon or evening of unbelievable food and outstanding service. Our restaurant has been serving the dining needs of those in the Yakima Valley since 1943. We will make sure your visit is memorable.
Washington
“Indulge yourself in great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

In a word, delicious.
A very nice family run restaurant with very good food.
The Onion Ring appretizer was outstanding and a must have.
We orderd pasta dishes with seafood (crab and lobster). Penne with dungeness crab in a tomato garlic cream sauce was fabulous as was the lobster filled lasagna.
The atmosphere was joyful and feastive, the service very good.
The location is not in the best part of town but do not let that stop you.
Do not miss eating here.

• Visited October 2012

Arco, Idaho
“Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The food and atmosphere was very good. Very good service and interesting drink menu. I would love to go back :)

Visited September 2012
Des Moines, Washington
“Very nice meal in Yakima”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went here with family while visiting Yakima for a wedding. We had our 4 yr old daughter with us, which always makes nice restaurants a challenge. Gasperetti's was accomodating, but I wouldn't say family-friendly. Still, my daughter managed to behave well for our lengthy dinner. The service was a little slow for my taste. But the food was all very good. I especially liked the fresh pear salad.

Visited September 2012
“Always fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Great service, fun environment, very good food. Always my favorite is the wonderful staff! My dining experiences in Yakima are limited, but this is a favorite.

• 5 of 5 stars
Yakima, Washington, United States
“Chef review of Gasperetti's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

As a chef, sometimes I like to go out and see what the local chefs are cooking up in my neighborhood. That said, a friend recommended Gasparettis on 1st Street, Yakima, WA. My husband and I went for happy hour because we also heard they had 1/2 price appetizers before 6 pm. After choosing to sit in the bar area of the restaurant, we were promptly greeted, given menus and cold water. The ambiance of the restaurant is very nice and temperature was cool and had low lighting that was a perfect contrast to the sun and 100F temperatures outside. Our waitress brought a basket of nice bread and we shared a dungeness crab cake appetizer. I ordered a glass of Washington Riesling $5.50/glass. The one listed on the menu was unavailable but they had another. Okay (the substitute was $7.50 a glass but the waitress did not mention that). We then ordered dinner. I chose a lamb burger and my husband chose fish and chips (3 small pieces of battered cod). Dinner was served in good time and we started to eat. After eating the first little fish, my husband started to look more closely at the texture of the second fish. Hmm... pink inside... solid texture... not cooked? (We specialize in cooking seafood!) Waitress summoned and meal sent back. No, we don't want another one prepared (chef admitted to pushing wrong timer button!) and my husband was too grossed out to try again. Free replacement pizza. My husband sat and watched while I finished eating (lamb burger was said to be served on a rosemary bun but I suspect Franz's buns; cheap texture and no rosemary). Husband's pizza came and I sat and watched him eat a couple of pieces when we decided it was time to go. After getting home my husband downed a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to help kill any bugs he may have consumed. His stomach was a little off all through the night but he's okay today. Our restaurant rating on a scale of 1 - 5 would have to be 2. They have the makings of a really great place but fall incredibly short. Somehow our crab cake appetizer ($9.50) was not 1/2 price on the bill and despite my husband having a free entree, we shared an appetizer, and had no dessert, the bill still came to over $67 with 2 beer and 2 wines. Too bad. Won't be heading there again in the near future. Chef Karen

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Karen K

Been to Gasperetti's Gourmet Restaurant? Share your experiences!