“Happy Hour”

Add it.
Golden Wheel
Ranked #156 of 261 Restaurants in Yakima
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is the place to go if you want happy hour drinks. They know how to pour em here. Just don't eat the food.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I absolutely love this place.. We like to go there on a weekday for the relaxed atmosphere and then we sit up in the bar for Karaoke on the weekends where it's usually packed! Every time I go in there we're treated like family, they remember your name and what you ordered last time.. I really enjoy the staff there. Beyond the staff their food is delicious, always hot, and it gets me full every time.. And their drinks.. I don't even have to MENTION how amazing their drinks are.. Beats the socks off the other Chinese restaurants in town!!!

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I been in most of the Asian food places.
And golden wheel always have best service.
Never had cold food or hair in it not going to mention any place.
I love this place cause the price is right.
If you like it very very spicey they will makeit that way. Don't like a item they will substitute. The tea is always good.
Want a drink they know how.
Few other places I don't. Get same service...

Reviewed June 27, 2011

We always have great meals here and they never add MSG which is a big plus for me. Our regular server is always attentive and friendly. I have had several dishes on the menu and have never been disappointed. Frankly, I'm surprised by the other comments as I really like their wonton soup. Maybe they miss the MSG.

Reviewed April 17, 2010

There isn't much redeeming about this restaurant, except its decent decor. Apart from that (i.e the stuff that actually matters), it was just god awful. In my days of eating Chinese food at restaurants all over Chinatown, I thought I experienced some bad stuff. Let me say something, if this were in Seattle and tried to pass off as anything near authentic, they would have been run out of town.

To start off, there aren't any windows; not a bad thing by itself, but when I went in, I had no idea if it was full or empty. When we sat down, we noticed at least 3 things completely unauthentic, and probably would have left if the group hadn't already gotten menus. First, there was no Chinese on the menus. The only Mandarin spoken there was my friend answering a call from his mom. They didn't have any chopsticks and the tea was Lipton in coffee mugs.

But still, I figured that while it would never be authentic, it'd taste half decent. I was wrong. I ordered a curry, which I was told would be "pretty good." Nope. The chunks of vegetable were mostly large bits of green bell pepper, bits of chicken, and a weird, salty yellow sauce. There 3x more curry than the starch, in this case a small condiment bowl of fried rice. Impossible to eat without an equal amount of steamed white rice. My friends didn't fare much better. The hot and sour soup was basically vinegar with Mexican spices and tofu thrown in for good measure. The lo mein was half celery. The beef soup noodles were spaghetti noodles. Even "traditionally" American-Chinese food like kung pao chicken was awful.

The service was pretty bad, too. We were one of 4 groups in the restaurant at the time, but were checked up on once. The waitress talked my friend into the large bowl of hot and sour soup, even though he clearly said he wanted the small bowl. Even though the price wasn't too bad, I felt like they owed me money for wasted time.