“this was ok, but not what I'd hoped”

Antojitos mexicanos
Ranked #15 of 267 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Well it could have been an off day of course, but I was underwhelmed by our food. I had the special, (carne asada) two thin slices of beef which were totally without seasoning or sauce, lying naked on my platenext to some very good whole pintos, which I'd ordered in lieu of refried. My husband had 2 enchilladas and said they were pretty good. There was s mall mound of cabbage on my plate too. I had to ask for more salsas and pico de gallo.
This was the first mexican I've had since being in Oaxaca, so possibly my mouth was expecting something better. I would not drive 10 minutes off of freeway to visit again.

1  Thank NWroamer11

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We'd heard good things about this place, but maybe we were there on an 'off' night or something. This was one of the worst Mexican restaurant experiences we've ever had. They sat us in the window and it had to be no less than 90 degrees at our table - as the restaurant was busy we couldn't be reseated. The service was slow and lousy, the food was not tasty at all, and overpriced. We won't be back.

1  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I live in Yakima and this is the Mexican restaurant we and our friends go to. It is a welcoming place with wonderful food. Our Hispanic friends say it tastes authentic like their moms make at home. It is fresh food and not "Americanized" and smothered with cheese. Reasonable pricing too.

1  Thank Dteacher60
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We were driving north to Wenatchee and wanted to try something different so went here solely on the TA reviews. Glad we did. It was 10 min off the freeway and nothing fancy but food and service was good. The only thing that was not excellent was the salsa. Chips were good but we prefer more 'Americanized' salsa. Enchiladas and chicken carbone were excellent. Also I usually get the whole beans but switched to the homemade refried beans after trying my husbands.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Homemade corn tortillas and 7 kinds of salsa! Great Carne and chile verde. Good margueritas. Beans were awesome. Loved this place!

Been to Antojitos mexicanos? Share your experiences!