“So Yummy”

White House Cafe
Ranked #8 of 243 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“So Yummy”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The White House Cafe serves yummy and fresh comfort foods. I recently ate there for a birthday lunch with a friend. I had a delicious turkey sandwich with some kind of pineapple relish. Wow! Also, I substituted the soup for a salad at no extra charge. I ended the meal with one of their outstanding frosted sugar cookies. If you don't have room for dessert, take one home. You won't be sorry.

Visited July 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Breakfast was perfect”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have to say these were quite simply the scrambled eggs I have had in my life... I have no idea what kind of love must have gone into them, but wow. The breakfast and service were perfect. A bit out of the way, but worth it!

Visited June 2013
Kirkland, Washington, United States
“Great! Very charming”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Loved the atmosphere, perfect for families, couples or friends. Delightful staff and the food was fantastic. Yum! Definitely one of the best places to eat in Yakima.

• Visited June 2013
Yakima, Washington
“Thoughtful preparation, great atmosphere”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I go here at least once or twice a month. Great food in a nice old Victorian house.

I love the food and the owner is a gem. If we want a good breakfast, this is our spot. A step up from your run-of-the-mill breakfast spots.

• Visited May 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
“I expected more”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were there for a bridal luncheon. The place seemed a tad run down. The decorations were quite dusty and some had cobwebs and thick layers of dust. I scooted my wood chair forward and pulled back a hand that had some sort of sticky substance on it.

The meal was okay. I ordered the special, which was chicken salad on croissant with a side salad. My sandwich and salad came covered in powdered sugar. What? I mean - it was covered. Eating it proved difficult because I couldn't seem to keep the powdered sugar off my face and clothes.

The croissant was a bit dry and hard in places. The chicken salad was lacking flavor and quality. I would swear the chicken was canned chicken (ugh). I picked at my salad because 1. it was covered in powdered sugar and 2. my blue cheese dressing, which was served on the side seemed to have a funny yellow color to the top and I was afraid it had sat out too long.

The service was okay and most seemed to enjoy their meals. I think they need to pay attention to some details at this place though.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank EricaLyn

Been to White House Cafe? Share your experiences!