“what a dump!”

Dairy Queen
Ranked #8 of 10 Dessert in Yakima
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Yakima already has a bad rap, so I guess I should have known better than to eat there. Don't take my order, repeat it back to me, hand it to me and then it's COMPLETELY WRONG from what I ordered - not to mention the burger was cold (fries were hot). I threw it out the window halfway down the road. I realize probably working at DQ isn't the most exciting part of ones career, but a smile goes a long way.

There are newer reviews for Dairy Queen

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Prices continually rise too. Ordered Onion rings, got fries. Took up to counter, told tough luck unless I wanted to pay for the onion rings again, reasoning being that I was charged for fries and got them, even if they were unwanted, no matter how I argued. A RECEIPT WOULD HELP, DQ! The staff is obnoxious and pulling pranks and gossiping every time we go, acting like children on recess. Last time an employee was violently, loudly puking in the kitchen, then the bathroom, then RETURNED TO WORK, saying a clean up was needed. No hair nets are visible, most of the staff seems unclean and one gal looks like she lives in the dumpster with her dreadlocks and piercings like crazy.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I very rarely go to fast food restaurants especially drive thru. I did today because I had an 11 month old, 2 year old, & a 5 year old who are difficult to get out of their car seats. I asked for 2 small blizzards which should have been 2.59 because that's the cheapest one they have. I didn't know I was supposed to order a mini! This is what the rude manager said to me when I called back to complain. I didn't realize the mistake until I got back to the house. I didn't get a receipt so I looked up the number hence, the rude manager who hung up on me when I asked for the corporate number. No, apology, just a lot of her yelling at me to come see,come see, I show you, I show you menu. This reinforces my hesitance and disdain for fast food restaurants. This was the Yakima Ave restaurant I went to.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have gone to this DQ twice in the last two months as a treat for the kids. On Father's Day we went and my husband's strawberry blizzard ended up being a mixture of just about everthing you could put in a blizzard. He said it was disgusting. We traditionally get the kids ice cream from DQ on the 4th of July. We all opted for a small sundae. The two strawberry sundaes had plenty of topping. The chocolate sundae was covered in chocolate. My hot fudge sundae had next to no topping. I'd say, maybe half a teaspoon of hot fudge was on the sundae. When we were served the sundaes, the employee seemed stunned that the hot fudge was mine. I think they were thinking that the kids were getting it and they didn't need as much topping. I don't know, but it sure would have been nice to have a normal serving of hot fudge. I've had this many times and know what to expect. I am seriously disappointed. I quit having blizzards because 1. they don't like to be told we have peanut allergies and 2. when ordering cookie dough and banana cream pie, the cookie dough tasted of banana cream pie. It's absurd.

Been to Dairy Queen? Share your experiences!