My hubby and I took a little spring fever vacation to Yakima in April '09. Our two kids are old enough now to enjoy the spirit of travel, so we decided to stay in Yakima and explore the surrounding area.
Check in was quick, courteous and made us feel relaxed and comfortable after our 3 hour drive from Seattle. Everytime we had to interact with the front desk it was a polite and warm exprience.
The hotel itself is a bit of a drive from "downtown" Yakima. We didn't mind, everything was a quick recommendation and a short drive. Our room was small but new, clean, comfortable. We were fine for two nights but any longer might have felt cramped with the four of us. Our fat old dog was even in there with us, but we were cozy and didn't spend time in the room.
We had a view of a warehouse from or window and part of a hill, which actually wasn't bad for gazing. There were large tumbleweeds blown up against the fence that surrounded the warehouse and there was a stretch of
pretty desert prarie to the west.
The kids had been promised pool time so we did that before heading out to dinner. Our only issue was with the chemicals in the pool-we told the front desk and they seemed puzzled but said they would look into it.
Breakfast is free during certain hours and was full of people when we got there ( the hotel seemed pretty full) but some people who were lingering got up when they saw us come
in. Like I said the room was full but it was pleasant. There was living room area where people were chatting, reading and watching the news. The breakfast attendant was busy refilling everything but was extremely cheerful and helped me get a spoon for my darn cereal. There were some Jimmy Dean braleakfast sandwiches, a waffle iron with a batter squirting doohicky, which was fun, fruit, coffee juice and cereals, all self serve. There was
othe stuff I can't remember. For what we paid, a free breakfast was awesome and we were fed and happy till lunch (gigantic hamburgers from a interesting local fast food restaurant but that's another review).
Our experience was a fresh, new, courteous and affordable place so exactly right for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mobile check-in is now live! We finished renovating the entire hotel in Nov. 2013. Located just west of exit 33A, on I-82, we are close to the convention center (27 seconds), wineries and the valley mall. "Get Air" (trampoline park)is right behind us! The Sundome is only 2 minutes away. Shopping and places to eat are within walking distance and we are located near downtown. Corporate/family travelers and teams have the advantage of getting to their destinations quickly and easily.Experience the difference while in Yakima! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Marriott, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Yakima
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima Hotel Yakima
- Fairfield Inn Yakima
- Fairfield Yakima
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Yakima
- Yakima Fairfield Inn