“Typical Fairfield Inn”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Sydney, Australia
“Typical Fairfield Inn”
Reviewed December 18, 2008

We stayed one night here on our way from SLC to Vancouver, Canada. One of the first things I noticed was that the hotel lists its address on Marriott's website as 137 N Fair Ave yet right in front of the hotel is a mail box with a totally different number on it. Our GPS was also confused.

This hotel was your typical FI....we had a room with 2 queens and a sofa bed. As usual the sofa was not made up and while I was unloading the car, I stopped at the front desk to request it be made up. The man at the counter looked at me like I was an alien. He couldn't understand what I meant. The other attendant at the desk had to explain to him that I wanted the sofa bed made up. Ummm...that's what I said! Then he had to gall to tell me that the linen was in the closet and I could make it up myself! I explained that in all our previous stays at FIs, housekeeping had done this for us. He then decided to ring them for me. So nice of him!

The room was fine otherwise...well except for the fact that the angle of the sofa bed made it almost impossible to get past it to the bathroom while it was open. A bit tricky in the middle of the night. The bathroom itself was clean and there were lots of towels. I love the Pantene shampoo/conditioner that is supplied. It's a great little bottle.

Breakfast was the usual affair with some hot items including the egg/cheese english muffins that you could heat in the microwave. My daughter loves these!

There was one other small problem.....out of the three ice machines on the three floors, only the one on the second floor worked. There was no freezer in the fridge in our room for me to re-freeze my cooler blocks so I had to rely on ice. I had to traverse the whole hotel looking for it. When I finally got to the second floor, a maintenance man who had happened to ride the elevator with me twice, noticed what I was doing and asked me if any of the other machines were working. When I told him no, he said he would fix it. Maybe no one else noticed.

• Liked — Proximity to shops
  • Disliked — Sofa bed not made up
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Ozstitcher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 1, 2008

The Fairfield is a relatively new property. It is located directly off the main road and has plenty of parking.

The rooms are quite adequate for the price. The breakfast is complimentary and DYI. You can make waffles, microwave an egg sandwich, or take cold cereal, muffins and bagels. Daily papers are also complimentary.

The lobby, lounge and breakfast areas are attractive. The front desk staff helpful.

However, should you not have your own transport, the location is not a good one. The only food available within walking distance is a small food court in the Target store over the road. The hotel does not have a restaurant. A very small selection of microwaveable frozen snacks are available ot the front desk.

• Stayed August 2008
Seattle, WA
Reviewed August 23, 2008

After one mediocre night at Yakima's Comfort Suites I tried the Fairfield Inn. Based on Trip Advisor reviews, I thought it would be an improvement. Big mistake.

The room was very small, and the beds passable but not comfortable. The AC turned off in the middle of the night, and I woke up to find myself in a stiflingly hot room.

The breakfast was even worse. There was cereal and some grade D mini muffins and bagels. Their hot breakfast consisted of refrigerated Jimmy Dean sausage sandwiches that you could microwave.

It is located near the small hub of commerce in Yakima, but there are several other hotels there too.

Honestly, the Fairfield made Comfort Suites look like a 4 star hotel. I regret that I'd given Comfort Suites a poor review, because at least its beds were comfortable and the breakfast (though pretty standard fare for this sort of hotel) looked edible.

I don't know that I'll ever need a hotel in Yakima again, but if I do I will not stay at the Fairfield.

• Liked — Not much. It was clean.
  • Disliked — "Breakfast" was quite bad, room was not very comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Blaine WA
Reviewed July 2, 2008

This hotel had a higher price than the other hotels in the town, but it was worth it. New and very clean. The free breakfast was the best I have had. It include breakfast sandwiches, make your own waffles and tones of choices. They gave out bottled water and free papers ~ overall great costomer service with very friendly staff. We finished out work early and they let us book out at 1:00 and did not charge us for the day.

I would recommend this hotel

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — location. It was very easy to find, but close to freway
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
seattle
Reviewed May 11, 2008

Our family was received with a warm welcome and all requests were met to the staff's ability. The accommodations were basic but exactly what we needed for a sports tournament weekend along with easy access to highway. All staff was extremely friendly and helpful! We would stay again!

Stayed May 2008
Seattle, WA
Reviewed October 25, 2007

I spent three nights here in June. Loved it. Friendly staff. Clean, well appointed rooms. Convenient to the highways (easy drive to Wine Country!) Short drive to downtown. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2007
3 Thank 87489594
Western Washington
Reviewed October 15, 2007

We have stayed at several hotels in Yakima over the past few years and our stay at the Fairfield was fantastic! We travel all over the west coast US and Canada and this was the BEST place we have stayed at all year! Clean, friendly staff, well layed out, comfortable sheets,beds. We will be staying there from now on for sure! The shower heads are high enough for a tall person to use w/o hitting their head. The contennental breakfast was a good selection and the coffee was hot! We are looking forward to another trip to Yakima, we know where we will be staying! At the Fairfield Inn for sure!

• Liked — Friendly staff and very clean! Good location.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business