We stayed one night here on our way from SLC to Vancouver, Canada. One of the first things I noticed was that the hotel lists its address on Marriott's website as 137 N Fair Ave yet right in front of the hotel is a mail box with a totally different number on it. Our GPS was also confused.
This hotel was your typical FI....we had a room with 2 queens and a sofa bed. As usual the sofa was not made up and while I was unloading the car, I stopped at the front desk to request it be made up. The man at the counter looked at me like I was an alien. He couldn't understand what I meant. The other attendant at the desk had to explain to him that I wanted the sofa bed made up. Ummm...that's what I said! Then he had to gall to tell me that the linen was in the closet and I could make it up myself! I explained that in all our previous stays at FIs, housekeeping had done this for us. He then decided to ring them for me. So nice of him!
The room was fine otherwise...well except for the fact that the angle of the sofa bed made it almost impossible to get past it to the bathroom while it was open. A bit tricky in the middle of the night. The bathroom itself was clean and there were lots of towels. I love the Pantene shampoo/conditioner that is supplied. It's a great little bottle.
Breakfast was the usual affair with some hot items including the egg/cheese english muffins that you could heat in the microwave. My daughter loves these!
There was one other small problem.....out of the three ice machines on the three floors, only the one on the second floor worked. There was no freezer in the fridge in our room for me to re-freeze my cooler blocks so I had to rely on ice. I had to traverse the whole hotel looking for it. When I finally got to the second floor, a maintenance man who had happened to ride the elevator with me twice, noticed what I was doing and asked me if any of the other machines were working. When I told him no, he said he would fix it. Maybe no one else noticed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mobile check-in is now live! We finished renovating the entire hotel in Nov. 2013. Located just west of exit 33A, on I-82, we are close to the convention center (27 seconds), wineries and the valley mall. "Get Air" (trampoline park)is right behind us! The Sundome is only 2 minutes away. Shopping and places to eat are within walking distance and we are located near downtown. Corporate/family travelers and teams have the advantage of getting to their destinations quickly and easily.Experience the difference while in Yakima! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima Hotel Yakima
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Yakima
- Fairfield Inn Yakima
- Fairfield Yakima
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Yakima
- Yakima Fairfield Inn