“Good stop-off on way to Mount Rainier”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had this hotel free on reward points. Despite being free, we were welcomed and had a pretty good room.

Convenient location just off freeway - but no noise. Friendly staff. Good restaurant next door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
David E, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! I agree we have a friendly Front Desk personnel, we try to make sure everyone feels welcome. We are glad you enjoyed visiting Bob’s Burgers and Brew right next door to us. We also wanted to let you know that we are renovating all the rooms, lobby, breakfast area, hallway carpets—everything--including the mattress & box springs. We will be done in late September. If you’re ever back in the states please stop by and stay with us again!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

It was Friday July 5th, and I was let out of work early. I came home and my wife and I decided to get out of town for no real reason. So, we said let's get to the other side of the mountains and find something to do. Of course, I have to have accommodations made in advance so I called Fairfield Inn Yakima and they did have rooms available. Excellent, so we packed our bags and headed out for a nice drive. When we got to the hotel, there was plenty of free parking. The person who checked us in was pleasant. Since I am a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, I get bonus points at check in, but they had a wheel to spin to get extra points. I asked my wife to spin the wheel, and we got an extra 250 points. The room was adequate. I did get a King suite with jacuzzi tub. The room is not updated, but it was clean. My only complaint was that the bed was so far from the typical "Marriott comfort" I thought I was in a Best Western for a moment. This bed was rock hard. Other than that, it was a decent stay.

One more thing, after a long drive to get here it was really pleasant to find out there is a restaurant right next door (as in a 1 minute walk) to the hotel. Makes it nice because I was able to enjoy a tall beer with dinner since I was walking from the hotel.

Would I stay here again? Yes I'm fairly loyal to Marriott properties, the people were nice, plenty of parking, restaurant next door, and other than the plywood they called a bed, the rooms were adequate and clean.

Room Tip: I did see some debris outside the hotel, so there MAY be some construction going on at the hotel. I...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank furnitureruss
David E, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! I agree we have friendly Front Desk personnel, we try to make everyone feel welcome; and congrats on the extra 250 bonus points! We are glad you enjoyed visiting Bob’s Burgers and Brew right next door to us. You were correct in guessing that the debris around the hotel meant we might be doing construction we are in the process of renovating the whole hotel. We are renovating all the rooms, lobby, breakfast area, hallway carpets—everything—all new mattress too! We will be done in mid-September. It would be nice to see you revisit our hotel this fall—I think you will be pleasantly surprised!
We look forward to you staying with us in the future

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Good location off of the freeway. Staff were ok-not overly friendly. Water pressure in shower was good. Breakfast was good. Selection of scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy! Beds were comfortable.
Here are a few things that we were disappointed in for Marriott standards:
1.) Ironing board was broken-Would not collapse!
2.) Outlet plugs in the room were limited. Not enough for cell phones-Had to move the bed out to access.
3.) TV-The volume was cutting in & out and you could not access all of the channels.
4.) Hot tub and pool were stained.
5.) Hot tub was very cold and the railing was very loose.
6.) Air conditioning in room was noisy and rattled.

I think we'd look at other options in Yakima before the Marriott next time.

Room Tip: Not much of a view in any room that you choose!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
David E, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! I agree we have friendly Front Desk personnel, we try to make everyone feel welcome; please know that we were pleased you chose our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast and you had a good night’s sleep. As to your 6 disappointments, we are aware of all of them! And they are all being addressed right now, because we are completely renovating the property, from the pool and hot tub to the ironing boards TV’s, there will be additional outlets on the table lamps for charging iPhones and iPads to air conditioners. We will be done in mid-September. It would be nice to see you revisit our hotel this fall—I think you will be pleasantly surprised!
We look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Good solid place to stay. Nice clean rooms, great breakfast and friendly staff. Location is not anything special. Not far from good restaurants downtown, but plan on driving because the area next to hotel is not the most inviting place for a tourist to be walking around.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! I agree we have friendly Front Desk personnel; from making reservations to checking our guests in, their enthusiasm and helpfulness is a hallmark we strive to exceed with all our guests. We have a good location, but like most towns, it is good idea to drive, since it is the quickest and easiest way to see a lot of sights in town in a short amount of time. We are also renovating the entire hotel and will be finished in mid-September. So come back and visit us in the fall!
We look forward to you staying with us in the future!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

When on business travel I want quick service. I don't want the reservation line answered by a computerized phone system I want to dial a number and get a live person who can make my reservations quick, so I can get back to work. I dialed the number, it was answered quickly and I made two reservations within a matter of minutes. Easy, easy, easy.

When I arrived I was checked into my room by a friendly clerk, received 1000 extra honors points, and had no problem getting online immediately. The bed was comfortable and included a nice selection of pillows.

Easily accessible from the highway. Close to a sports bar restaurant, Target, Staples, and Big Lots.

My peeves - an air conditioning system that would not turn off and a comforter that was too light for my taste. I hate being cold and I want a nice fluffy comforter that keeps me warm so I don't wake up cold in the middle of the night.

I didn't utilize the coffee maker, breakfast services, or gym. Perhaps next week when I'm back on site again.

My hotel receipt was under the door in the morning making it easy to quickly get back on the road.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
David E, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! I agree we have great Front Desk personnel, from making reservations to checking guests in, their enthusiasm and helpfulness is a hallmark we strive to exceed with all our guests.
We look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Was there for a wedding and had a reservation at another hotel because we didn't make reservations for the blocked room here in time; however, a room cleared and we took the reservation. Price was moderate, room was clean, staff was very friendly and attentive, breakfast buffet was definitely doable. Mattress very comfortable, easy access to wireless internet. Room was clean, hall carpet needed to be restretched or replaced. Saved money from our original reservation so was happy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
David E, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are always looking for ways to improve our service for our guests and make every stay a comfortable one. I agree with you, we are in need of new carpet in the hallways and this is one of the areas that will be brand new in the near future. We are renovating the entire property, starting in June and finish up in August. So please stop by for another stay with us later this year!

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Never stated at a Marriott before- staff nice- breakfast good! Loved the salt water pool even though it was the size of a kiddie pool.
Staff was super helpful!
Room clean and the shower was great!!!
I enjoyed the var next door great drinks.

• Stayed: April 2013
David E, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate the review.. I am glad to hear we were able to meet your needs! We are always looking for ways to improve our service for our guests and make every stay a comfortable one. I agree we have great personnel, as you can tell, their enthusiasm and helpfulness to all our guests, is a hallmark we strive to exceed with all our guests.
We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again when you are in Yakima