“Front Desk Staff Exceptional” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima

Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Lynnwood
“Front Desk Staff Exceptional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I checked in after 9 pm on a Saturday evening and the Front Desk agent was so pleasant. I was only there overnight, but she gave me a quick run down of the hotel amenities. I used the fitness center on Sunday morning, the equipment is adequate, but could use a little tune up. The room was nice and very clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
David E, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Lisa,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, as we love to hear from our guests. I am glad to hear we were able to meet your needs! We are always looking for ways to improve our service for our guests and make every stay a comfortable one. I agree we have a some great new front desk personel, as you can tell, their enthusiasm and helpfulness to all our guests, is a hallmark we strive to exceed with all our guests.
We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again when you are in Yakima

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've stayed at Fairfiel Inn half a dozen times while coming to town for business and pleasure. Conveniently located near restaurants and shopping and just of the freeway, this hotel is always clean and friendly.

The complimentary breakfast is not elegant but it is a nice way to get going in the morning- waffles, cereals, microwave sandwiches, fruit, etc is variety enough to satisfy most regular folks.

The staff is always friendly and the hotel is immaculate.

And always a bonus when I travel with family, it is pet friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sechelt, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Front end and breakfast staff were very friendly and helpful, room was clean and roomy (king suite) breakfast was ok, price seems a bit high $129 (apparently best rate for that night) for the slow season but Yakima seems to be pricy if you want a hotel that is clean or a bit above average and there is not alot of choices. Location is good overall, just what you would expect for a Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Harrisburg, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Best bed in the hotel business. Greeted with smile..very friendly...had spare cell phone charger that I could borrow. breakfast was adequate. across from Target and biglots. Restaurant/bar in adjacent parking lot. Ask for room that on the backside, front faces I5....

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kenneth C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear cipollavin,

We are so grateful to hear back from you and that you have enjoyed your stay with us! We are very glad that we were able to meet your expectations and provided you with an enjoyable stay. The entire staff appreciates you taking the time to give us your feedback and see that all their hard work did not go unnoticed. We hope to see you again if you are ever back in the area.
DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had a one night stay in the Yakima area, and there are not many choices around. The Fairfield Inn is one of the nicer experiences I have had in the area.

The lobby and rooms are the standard Fairfield experience. Nothing fancy, but functional. My room has a small fridge and microwave, which can be very hand on a longer business trip.

The fitness room as was, but had a bike, an elliptical and a treadmill. It was enough to get the job done.

I am usually not a fan of the Fairfield breakfast offerings,since it is usually a microwave sandwich, waffles or cereal. I noticed something new for the first time at this Fairfield- a microwave breakfast quesadilla with egg whites and turkey sausage. It was much healthier than the other usual microwave options, so I hope this is a fixture at all the Fairfields soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear InHouseCounsel,

We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I am a premium Marriott member, so I got upgraded to a "suite" which was a larger room with 2 TVs and a refrigerator. The room was well furnished, everything worked, actually had a window that opened up fully so you could get plenty of fresh air..the A/C worked well. I did not use the pool or hot tub or the workout room...but they all LOOKED good. The breakfast was slightly above average, they cooked their own oatmeal which I really appreciate....I dont like being forced to microwave the packages in a styrofoam bowl. The staff is very helpful, there was always a supply of newspapers available in the lobby. Across the parking lot is a nice casual restaurant called "Bobs burgers and brew"..I ate their 3 times...get the steak salad or the Guacamole burger...really good fries. THis location is kind of strange, but it works well. There is a shopping center across the street that has a target..and its literally less than a 5 minute drive to the Yakima Convention center...dont want to walk to the convention center though...kind of a strange neighborhood you have to go through.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Texas_Phil,

We are very grateful for your encouraging comments. It is a great pleasure to hear that our staff was very friendly and helpful to you. We appreciate hearing from you and have let the entire staff know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

We hope to serve you again on your next visit to the Yakima area.
Lawrenceville GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I am a platinum premier member and I recently was a guest at the Fair Field Inn property in Yakima Washington.
I am in this property every 3 months and I was treated well while a guest at this property during this stay. The front desk staff was very professional and made me feel valued. I want to single out Becky she should be commended for her professionalism.
This property was well maintained and I feel it would be a great property to get upgraded and renovated. I do enjoy staying in the rooms which have a microwave and fridge.The beds for my taste are a bit too firm. Since I have to be in too early to try the breakfast I can’t provide a comment on that.
This property does have an indoor pool it’s a bit small thought.
The hotel is located in a plaza which has a bobs burger sand brew restaurant and in an area which is near a highway downtown and a target and a walmart. During my stay I met the manager and seemed to care about my experience at this property.
I hope these comments help you and I hope you have safe travels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Triangle_Traveler13,

We are really glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience on your last visit and that we were able to meet your expectations.

We hope to see you again on your future visits.