“Listen to the Reviewer's advice and don't use this hotel.”
Review of Days Inn Yakima

Days Inn Yakima
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
“Listen to the Reviewer's advice and don't use this hotel.”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I read up on reviews and they were so mixed, I decided to try this hotel. I was WRONG to do so. We went to the WMEA conference and they were completely overwhelmed with people. The parking lot smelled like a combination of skunk and sewer. The rooms were ok. However, in the morning upon helping my daughter dress for her state performance, we realized there was no hot water. NONE. I called Tina, the day manager and she tried to convince me that "that's the normal temperature of the water". Are you kidding me?! She did try to dismiss it. I told her I wanted half of my money back and to have the manager, Melissa call me. NEVER heard from Melissa. Not ONE call. It's been a week. Didn't get my money back and the manager never called. How embarrassing for this hotel. I'll be sure to let any friends going to Yakima to stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. That's the best tip.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The staff was better than more expensive hotels I have stayed at. I did stop by at the larger hotel across the street, but saw that they didn't really offer anything more. I was glad I did. A young man that seemed to take welcoming the guest as a joy was the first thing that made me feel like I made the right choice. I just don't react well to staff that seem to be bothered doing their job or doing it like a robot. Seeing this young man juggle a few guest and having to speak more than one language made me feel at home (I'm from LA). The place looked nice and the price was right. I felt informed and comfortable asking questions at check in, that made me feel safe away from home. My friend from Yakima visited me in the room and said the place looks better inside than out. I agree the outside is an ugly color and there isn't much do do around there.

I would stay here again, just because they made me feel welcomed.

P.S. As for the review about smoking/discrimination due to race, I only saw minorities working at that hotel.

Room Tip: Call ahead as I do to ask and make request. Lot's of guest travel alone so the first rooms to go...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DaysInnYakima, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Yakima, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Staff-guest relations is one of the most important things at a hotel and we like to make sure that the guest feels welcome at our hotel. We're glad that you felt comfortable at our hotel and we hope you'll stay with us again soon.
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

This is an older hotel and it's obvious it needs some upgrading to areas. My room had a king bed that was the tallest bed I think I've ever seen. No kidding, it's about 3 feet or more off the ground. The "fridge" is a micro fridge, the kind you get your kid in college because it's cheap and small. The TV is an old tube type, replacing this would really make the room feel more updated. Breakfast is the typical cheap breakfast. If your looking for a cheap place to put your head for the night this will work, looking for the week I think I'd look at other places first.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo