“A great place to get stuff done.”

Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I stayed with Red Lion in Yakima during a recent business trip. I found the business center to of invaluable use as well as the wireless. The room was clean and outfitted with a nice work space which I found extremely useful. The bed was very comfortable and I slept great. The room itself seemed a bit outdated and in need of some sprucing up, but let's be honest-I wasn't there for the decor. The room was very quiet and I found that I was in a place that I could concentrate and get stuff done. Every staff member that I came into contact with was very friendly and accomodating. Good job Red Lion.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank WesMartin
DaveYakima_WA, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with our hotel. We are delighted to know that you liked your stay and were pleased that you took the time to post this feedback. Our Mission at the Red Lion Yakima Center is to provide personalized, exuberant service and we are elated to know we’ve done that for you during your recent stay.

Reviewed February 11, 2010

We were traveling with a group that had made group reservations at the Yakima Red Lion. We usually stay someplace else but wanted to stay with the group and it appeared that the hotel would be fine. It was not. We stayed in the town house building, which members of our group began to call "cell block c". It was a motel style, out side entrance with stairs that were not covered, which mattered because it rained the whole time we were there. It is an older hotel so i was willing to cut them some slack on the out dated and very drab appearance. My issue began when we got to our door there was an old, moldy laundry cart with a soiled pair of underwear in it and used rubber glove on the ground right in front of my door. (Pic attached) I Kicked the glove to the side and went down to the front desk to ask them to remove these items. I went down again the next day to ask them to remove these items. Upon check out the day after that they were still there. That was three days of trying to keep my curious young children from touch the cart every time we opened our door. When I brought it up to the desk clerk he said he would note it (again). I asked to speak to a manger and was told that, even though it was just after 8:00 in the morning, there were no managers on site because it was to early. I was offered to speak with the buffet supervisor and he simply said he would note it and have the manager call me. I left my information and asked for contact info for the manger. They told me that they did not have any cards for operations manager but gave me a card for the who they said was the facility manger. His card said Executive Chef. Interesting.
Well, no one ever called. I called and left messages on two separate occasions and still nothing. I guess out of site out of mind. I rate this hotel very poorly not because of its unkempt appearance but because of their utter disregard for the experience of their customers. I'll bet that cart is still there......(gross)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank handleman
CarlFletcher, Corporate Owner at Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2010

We just wanted to take the time to say we are terribly sorry for the outcome of your stay with us in Yakima.

We did speak, and sincerely apologized for the entire stay and offered a fully complimentary return visit as you stay with us 4 times a year. This is not indicative of the level of service that we give our guests, and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to show what Red Lion's customer service is all about. We will use this experience to guide and instruct or staff on how they can make every guest experience a positive and comfortable one.

Reviewed October 12, 2009

My friends, husband and I have been spending a weekend in Yakima every fall for years now. We all live in Seattle and like to get away for wine tasting and sun. This is the first time we tried staying in the Red Lion. We booked using hotels.com and got two equal rooms/rates. When we got there, our friends got a great looking room overlooking the courtyard, while we got stuck in a tiny room in the back that reeked of cigarrettes. Since we were paying the same rate, we returned to the lobby and asked if they could find us a different room since we wanted a non-smoking and well, we had seen the nicer rooms they had to offer. The hotel receptionist said there was nothing she could do since we booked using expedia/hotels.com. A;lso there was nothing she could do regarding the smoke since somebody else was in charge of cleaning the rooms. Excuse me? That's terrible service and attitude. We tried to politely reason with her but she was of no help. Then she claimed the hotel was fully booked and she had no other rooms to offer. So my husband called Hotels.com. While he was on the phone, I saw two people arrive and get a room without a reservation. Fully booked? The lady lied to us! Hotels.com tried to get us a new room, but guess who answered them? Lying lady, who claimed all she had to offer was the room next door. We didn't take it immediately since the location and the size was going to be the same. So we asked Hotels.com to hold our room while we looked for a different hotel. We found a room at the Oxfort Suites for the same price, with hot breakfast buffet. We came to the reception to cancel our room, and the lady told us Hotels.com had already told her that we didn't want to stay with them so she had gone ahead and cancelled already. Another lie! We didn't want to argue with this incompetent lady anymore, so we just left, and called Hotels.com one last time. They had NOT cancelled our room, but went ahead and did it then. She practically threw us out from the Red Lion, just for having booked online. Our friends did stay the night there, to find out the next morning that the breakfast they had been told was included with their stay, was actually charged separately. Then as they checked out they asked for a copy of their receipt, and they were told they couldn't give them one because they had booked using expedia/hotels.com. AGAIN! If this hotel is so averse to customers using reputable online services to book rooms, they should just remove themselves from the listings. I'm sure they get quite a bit of business from expedia/hotels.com, but they treat the customers that book through them like crap. Avoid this hotel and their lousy attitude.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeattleVino
CarlFletcher, Corporate Owner at Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2010

We want to extend our most sincere apologies for the level of service you experienced and your overall stay at our hotel. We use the reviews left by guests to better our hotels and our approach to the service we provide. Your experience is very valuable and we hope that if you return to Yakima, you will allow us another chance to show you the outstanding service we can provide. Thank you for your review and your patronage.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed here while attending the Yakima Fair and Sprint Car races. Our room was spotless and the staff was always eager to answer any questions. Our room looked out over the pool area which was nice. We even had lounge chairs and table on a patio.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank tc719
Reviewed August 22, 2009

My husband, 1 year old and myself stayed last night at the Red Lion in Yakima Washington. It was pretty dated, but there had been an attempt at updating the rooms- like new faucets, new artwork, that sort of thing, but it was still obviously an old hotel. We had to bathe our not-quite-walking baby several times as the carpet in our room was so filthy his legs,feet and hands were black from crawling around the room. Not just dirty but black. There were 2 burned out lightbulbs, one next to bed and one in bathroom. We ate dinner at the Libby's restaurant there at the hotel and didn't care for it. For a Friday night, it was empty- that should have been a clue. The service was very slow and the food wasn't very good. My prime rib- the daily special- lacked taste, as if it were old. My husband had the halibut and said it was overcooked and salty.

Overall, we will not be staying there again, and would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank oregon-angie
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We were in town for a family thing and didn't want to stay with relatives. We used priceline.com and got a $60 rate, which was great for the room. It was a regular size room and the beds were comfy. The A/C is the individual wall unit, so it was a bit noisy, but it worked fine. The pool was nice, but there are no gym or hot tub facilities (they allow you to use the YMCA a few buildings down, but that was not convenient for me). The room was pretty clean, but I'm pretty picky about bathrooms and the shower wasn't as good as it should have been, but ok. The hotel is located right next to the convention center, but there really isn't anything else nearby. We ate a Mexican restaurant about 1 mile down the road (nothing special), but only spent the one night.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the at the Red Lion Yakima this Saturday and were actually pretty satisfied. The lobby/check in area appears updated and clean, the check in process was smooth (although no upgrades were available.) We stayed in the "corporate" building on the 1st floor which constituted a 2 queen bed room w/ a sliding door to a quasi-patio. It's actually pretty handy since we could park the car right infront of our room and have immediate access to it. It looked like the rooms upstairs had balcony's w/ table and chairs, so ask for a 2nd floor room if you'd like those "perks".

The TV wasn't much to brag about, it was an old 25" flat screen tube tv but there were quite a few channels to flip thru. The bathroom was suprisingly updated with great light, newer fixtures and countertops. Ice buckets, cups, and coffee for the morning were all in a convenient alcove.

Best of all - we snagged this off of priceline for $51 + tax. Don't be afraid to make an almost crazy offer on a 3 star room in Yakima!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple