“Nice Hotel”

Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Just stayed at this hotel one night but had a great stay. Had a poolside room which is literally poolside I could open my door walk two steps and fall in. Breakfast which was included in our rate was good. I believe it is $5:95 if not. Sent a few hours by the pool soaking up the sun. Will definitely stop there again if in the area.

Room Tip: go for a pool side room especially if you have kids.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

I would give the red lion a chance, the reviews on here don't match with the hotel experiance i had the red lion. I didn't experience any trouble during my stay, the room was clean and the check in check out process was fairly quick. Overall a good stay for the rate, Ill be back.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Nice location and friendly staff. Very close to the Yakima Convention Center. The breakfast was OK but they were very and seemed to be short staffed. I had to wait quite awhile for hot water to make tea.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding in Yakima. We booked the room with Hotwire and got a really good deal, or so we thought. the Hotwire price we got should be the price they charge normally....you are paying for the name, not the amenities.

When we arrived and went inside to check in, we stood there for at least 5 minutes, as no one was at the front desk nor anywhere around to help us or the others waiting. They were able to check us in early which was nice. They gave us a room in the "townhouse" building, which is so disconnected from the hotel area that is seems like a ghetto apartment stuck in the corner,and the doors are outside like a motel. There was hardly any lighting and the grass in front of our window had garbage beer cans in it.

We called and asked the front desk to change room and they put us in the "corporate" building with no problems. it was nicer because the doors were inside the building this time, but the room wasn't impressive at all. We found the hotel to be very outdated. And in both the rooms we had been in, it seemed as though they put a few new things in the room to try to cover up the outdated room.

It wasn't a completely bad hotel, but definitely not what we expected from the red lion.

1  Thank nreetz13
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Arrived to find confirmed reservations lost, initial front desk person short and unfriendly. Back up personnel much better. Found room sub-par, mold in bathroom and fixtures coming apart. TV was of poor reception and only a few (12) channels!! In house restaurant closes at 9 pm, on a Friday!!??!
Only other positive was assistant manager, very helpful.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The manager was a downer just put out by my calling and trying to tell him that his staff was awful. He did not really care and he did not offer any ammenities at all really. Bad hotel atmosphere and he acted like he was not happy with his job anyway. Not a happy person.

1  Thank Becky L
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Given some of the reviews, I was prepared to not like this hotel. As my husband was to attend a conference next door, the booking was made by someone else and we could not change hotels. While there were a couple of issues (will note later), overall our stay was a success. I spent the better part of three days in the hotel room as the outside temperatures were well into the 100 degree range. Other than venturing out for drinks and food, I hung around the room most hours. The room was very comfortable; the beds clean and firm; the air-conditioning worked well; the bath had extra towels and the shower was strong. All appliances worked; there was a small desk and chair that were comfortable for reading. The lobby was cool and well-lit and there was a computer available for internet connection. Soft music played in the halls and there was little noise. The two pools were clean and those swimming seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Of the two issues I had with the hotel, one was minor, at least for me. On the first full day, our room was missed for cleaning, but at 5:00 pm I received a call from the housekeeping supervisor with a sincere apology and a firm acknowledgement that it was her responsibility, not that of the cleaner's. As I am someone who picks up as they go along, I was content with an agreement that we would just get fresh towels and supplies and there was no need for a full cleaning service. Those items were delivered and the next day's cleaning was thorough and complete. The second issue with the hotel (front desk) stems, I believe, from a lack of training when it comes to "service." When we arrived at 2:45 pm and attempted to check-in, we were told, pointedly, that the check-in time was 3:00 pm. ("Check-in is at 3:00, hon." I understand that all hotels have policies; however, when the temperature outside is 96 degrees and the lobby is standing room only (others also waiting to check in), I think it is common sense and common courtesy to allow guests to check into rooms that are ready for occupancy. In other travels, I've never been denied check-in when it was that close to the time. At 3:00 pm the check-ins started, but because several people were waiting, it took several minutes for the two clerks to complete all transactions. I also noted in the three days stay, that there was only one clerk at the front desk most of the day--that meant that there was usually a line of guest waiting for service. I don't believe that waiting a few minutes for service is bad, but preventing a line-up is only good service.

The location of the hotel is convenient to downtown--within three to six blocks there are fast-food joints, small lunch spots, deli's with expresso and some full-service restaurants.

I think if management spends some time training their young staff to be service oriented, the hotel will rank higher in standing.

Room Tip: Stayed in main building and it was very quiet, even next to pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business