“Good Service”

Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed one night. The 1st room we checked into had an issue with the HVAC system. Maintenance checked it and called the front desk who immediately moved us to another room. The 2nd room was perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
rlyakima, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for taking time to fill out an on-line survey. Your comments are sincerely apprecaited. I was glad to see that our team was able to respond to the HVAC unit problem and was able to get you another room that was suitable for your stay. We certainly hope we have another opportunity to see you again in the future

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Yakima Red Lion is a lovely place to stay. Although its exterior isn't beautiful, the room is cozy and updated. Bed and linens were super comfortable and luxurious. Yummy breakfast for a great price--I could eat those perfectly cooked sausages all day long! And fluffy, cheesy eggs! Mmm. Front desk personnel were always friendly!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
rlyakima, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for your candid comments regarding hotel. I appreciate the nice comments regarding the bed linens and the breakfast. I glad you liked the nice breakfast offerings we provide to our guests. I agree during the winter our grounds do not look like much in the winter. I hope you can come back in the summer when all the flowers and plants are lush and gree with hanging flowers around much of the property and pool areas. We have two swiming pools and they are used alot during the summer months and we normally get quite a few compliments regarding our landscape areas.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Nice large rooms, great staff, lounge was nice, bathroom wasn't as clean as it could've been. They were helpful with items I forget to bring. I was at the convention center for business and it was very convenient to stay there. General Lobby area was very nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
rlyakima, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for your candid comments regarding our hotel. I am glad you found the accommodations and staff friendly and helpful. We are centrally located in the downtown area which is perfect for business or pleasure. We hope we have an opportunity to have you as our guest in the future. Thank you

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The hotel has a nice set-up for business meetings and is located right next to the Yakima Convention Center this is an ideal set-up for trade shows. The staff was friendly and polite and housekeeping did a wonderful job keeping the room clean and tidy! I had a Garden Suite and have to say it was perfect to conduct business and included a small deck that I used when on the phone. Wi-Fi was user friendly and did not experience and problems with speed or the connection. The Red Lion's continental breakfast which was included as part of renting a Garden Suite included a wide verity of breakfast items I especially liked the bacon and fresh scrambled eggs and juices that were provided.
The October weather in Yakima was sunshine and in the mid 60s excellent for sitting on the Garden Suite deck or a short walk to downtown. I noticed two pools on the property and it made me think of coming back during the warmer months for a short vacation

Room Tip: The rooms include coffee/tea and a small refrigerator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim F
rlyakima, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for your candid comments. I am glad you found our hotel comfortable and our staff friendly. I feel we have a great team and that all of our employees take alot of pride in our property to make sure our guests feel welcomed.

I hope you can make it back during some warmer weather. The two swimming pools are great for a mini-vacation. Many people come here each year to enjoy our warmer summer months and enjoy our swimming pools.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The bed was terrible, and the hallways made me think ghosts would be coming out of the doorways. It's just an old hotel, and felt that way. The rooms are clean enough, the staff were nice and efficient. But I will pick a different hotel next time.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for responding to trip advisor regarding your most recent stay. I am glad you found our rooms clean and our staff nice and friendly. Yes we are an older hotel and we try to keep it clean and comfortable for our guests. We have 2 outdoor swimming pools with nicely landscape areas. It is hard to imagine the grounds when winter is here. We won a city award for the best landscaping in 2010 and we continue to enhance our grounds each and every year. Thanks again for your sincere comments.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is very close to the convention center which made it great for walking back and forth. Wished I felt safer at night where my room was located as a single woman. Bar was not open Friday night, sad.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My room was exceptionally nice (in the "Corperate Bldg" I think). Average priced room, spare, but very tastefully furnished. Decoration was plain but tasteful, which made it relaxing to be in, it wasn't jarringly tacky, as hotel rooms can be. I loved that the bed didn't have the typical gross bedspread & blanket. Instead, it had nice white sheets, then a nice light white cotton duvet, covered by another clean white sheet. There was a bedspread folded at the bottom of the bed if you needed more blanket. The pillows were much better than normal hotel pillows, & more abundant. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was nice. The hotel cable had good movies on it. The soap & shampoo was even nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business