“Depends what room/building you get...”

Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Helix
“Depends what room/building you get...”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have stayed here in the past and stayed in the Corporate section. This time I got put in the seperate building section (room 103). It smells funny, and there are stains on the carpeting. I believe this building is older and certainly next time I will request the corporate section. Otherwise great location and good bedding.

Room Tip: Request the Corporate Building, avoid the Towne House section.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Kalama, Washington
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The Red Lion was a nice place to stay. Great location, close to fast food and Santiago's Mexican Rest. and Olive Garden. The kids were happy to be able to be only a block away from DQ, Taco Bell, 7-11, etc. Having 2 pools was nice because it was a full house and it didn't feel too crowded. Some rooms have nice lawn areas close to the pool. We had a Corp room (245) and it was large - bathroom had double sinks, small balcony and easy access to the pool. We also looked at a room in the older part of the hotel (134) the pool was steps away out the glass door of the room but it was a small room and had an old smelly feel to me. Not as nice as the Corp rooms. We also stayed in (263) which was a bit smaller but I really liked the view of the gazebo/lawn and a peek at the pool. It was a good size room for the 3 of us (2 adults and 14 yr old) I would stay here again and make sure to book a corp room. The breakfast was nothing spectacular but fine. Eggs/potatoes/meat and bread to toast. A few apples & oranges and juice/coffee. Enough to start your day and don't expect a great meal. Overall a good value and good experience.

Room Tip: Corporate rooms are a must!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at the end of June after booking on Priceline. Having previously stayed at a Red Lion hotel in Anaheim, I was not expecting a great hotel since we were disappointed with the Red Lion in Anaheim. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel in Yakima was clean, had more modern decor, and was quiet. For the price we paid by booking through Priceline, I thought we got a great deal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Springfield OH
Reviewed June 12, 2012

After reading reviews from other travelers, my husband and I were both concerned about staying at this hotel. Fortunately, it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be! The woman at the front desk was friendly and helpful, and our room was not as run down as others led on. The bathroom was large and had been updated, and the bed and pillows were some of the most comfortable I've slept on in a hotel. The room was clean and quiet, and met our needs for only spending $55+tax through Priceline.

Room Tip: Ask for room 420
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Not nearly as frightening as the other reviewers made it seem....I was nervous going in but it was just fine! The hotel is quite literally next door to the convention center, so you can't go wrong with location if you're in town for that purpose. Got a great deal on a room for $50 a night which is cheaper than most other places in town so I was going to be pleased with it no matter what happened. (FYI - in general avoid all hotels/motels/inns on 1st!!)
It's a bit more run down than other Red Lions, but we had new white bedspreads and a clean room at the back of the complex. There are neighbors across the parking lot (NW side) who enjoy their fiesta music loud during the day, but if you're just there to sleep they seem to be quiet at night. We had some teenage girls in town for a tournament upstairs from us which made sleeping impossible until they stopped giggling and dancing about 11pm, but you can't fault the hotel for that. That's just teenage girls. The lower-level rooms around the back have sliding glass doors that go directly into the parking lot.
Front desk staff wasn't extraordinary, but I was kind to them and they were friendly and efficient to me in return.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the back of the complex if you plan on hanging out at the hotel midday and are seekin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Oliver, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We arrived at this hotel about 4 pm. The BCAA had given this hotel a 3 diamond rating. The staff were not very friendly. When we asked about the rate we were told the rate was higher because they were almost full. They also would not honour the BCAA membership or senior pricing. We paid $130 for a room worth half of that. We were told it was poolside. That sounded good until we realized we could not open the door to the pool. The fan in the bathroom was like a jet engine. The room was either stifling or freezing. It was very dark and difficult to see anything. I assume it was clean . The tv wa the old square type, although channel selection was ok. Towels were ok. Shower head needed replacing.

Room Tip: Check the room before committing to staying. Make sure they do not charge you for your "free&q...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Yakima hotels

Snoqualmie, Washington, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My family stayed there last weekend. We came for a Basketball tournament. I was pleasantly surprised, after reading some of the reviews, I thought we would be staying in the hood! There were lots of teams staying there, and I never heard them inside our room, which was in the main building. The room was older, but clean. I didn't see any wholes or miss matched tiles. The beds are a Queen, small but comfortable. The room had a fridge and mini microwave that came in handy. The shower pressure was nice and strong, after reading another review, I was afraid to use it because I have long hair, But it wasn't an issue at all. I found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. The kids uniforms were pretty stinking after playing two days of ball, and the guys in the laundry room were happy to give them a quick wash. The breakfast was nice as well, it came complimentary with our room, not sure if some guest have to pay? I made it a little late to breakfast and it was well stalked and no wait, my husband was there 20 minutes earlier and it was busy and I guess they were running out of food...but like I said when I got there, there was plenty. They had cereal, scrambled eggs, hash browns and sausage. There was also bananas and muffins and toast, juice. The hotel has two pools, and the kids used both of them. They were clean, but cold. During the day there were plenty of towels, but at night they weren't stalked. I just walked over to the laundry room and a nice man handed me about 20, really wasn't a problem. Bottom line is that it was a nice experience and we will defiantly stay there again. I would give it a 4, but the hotel is older and could use a facelift, oh, the TV's are old and had lines, that did bother me, but not enough to not go there again.

Room Tip: The rooms by the pool were a little noisy, but by 10pm the kids all tuckered out. Seemed like one b...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family