“Great service - poor room.”

Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed October 12, 2007

I was in town over the weekend of Oct 5-7th. I wasn't very pleased with the hotel room I was given. As a female travelling alone, I requested from the front desk agent that I'd prefer to stay in the main portion of the hotel instead of one of their outside rooms. I had arrived just after 7pm and evidently it was too late for special requests even when it comes to security and safety of a woman all by herself. I was given the option of two different rooms - both of which were part of the external off-shoots to the main building. I chose room 341 which was closer to the lobby, but still outside, up some sketchy stairs and down an external hallway.

My window view was to some HVAC equipment and the bathroom window was a concern. Check out the picture and see how the small wooden dowell is not long enough to keep the window from being opened. Oh, and if that dowell was laying in the tray, the window would slide right over it and open fully. No lock. And the window was open to the gas station next door. If it wasn't on the second floor I would not have stayed in that room.

Now that my major complaints are out of the way - there was some really good stuff to report about the hotel. All of the staff members were wonderful! I was attending a medical conference at the memorial hospital 3 miles away and each morning someone would shuttle me there in the hotel van and pick me up in the afternoon with a phone call. I never had to use a taxi the entire time but always tipped my drivers for going out of their way. Housekeeping also did a fine job and accomodated my requests for more coffee creamer and sugars and more bathroom supplies. I always left a tip for them and a "thank you" note each day.

All in all it was a 50/50 experience. I would have felt more safe if a different room. But the curteous service was very much a highlight. I would consider staying there in the future because of the convenience.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank BrokenAlice
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center

Reviewed July 31, 2007

A friend and I stayed overnight at the Red Lion Yakima Center. We were booked into a 2nd floor room in the "Corporate" wing. This was a very clean, well kept section of the hotel. The room was immaculate and the beds were very comfortable. All of the necessities were here, plus...Bath and Body Works toiletries. :) I would not hesitate to stay again at this property, which is also adjacent to the convention center, and very convenient.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2007

I recently stayed at the hotel for a family wedding, and I have to say everything was great! The staff did a great job getting the rooms all together, so it was like a family vacation. The garden room was wonderful, the trees light up and it felt so warm and nice. The food was to die for WONDERFUL!!! All the staff was nice and our room was great!

I will be back for all my trips to Yakima.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2007

When I arrived at the hotel, you could tell renovations were being done. They placed me in the corporate building which was the nicer of the 2 buildings. My room was clean, and the bed was comfy. I tried to arrange an airport shuttle for the next day since that was were I would be working, I asked for it to be at 5:30 am, I didn't ask for a wake up call. It doesn't take me long to get ready in the morning and I was called before 5 am to say confirm my shuttle. Then I was told it was going to be a few minutes late, when I got down to the shuttle I was told I was too late and that they would have to call me a cab, so a cab was called and I ended up having to pay for it!! But the manager later that day said she would give me the money I spent for the cab. That evening I decided to order room service, I waited over 5 minutes on hold and so I decided to just go down stairs to the restaurant myself. There was only 3 guest in the restaurant. So I got my food to and went back to my room. Later that night I wasn't feeling so good, and early the next morning I ended up getting seriously ill, and I think it was from the restaurant food. I told the front desk clerk (at 5am) to make sure that they cleaned my room right away and removed the garbage. ( I had my sickness tied up in a bag) When I returned to my room at 5pm it wasn't clean, hadn't even been touched. So I called downstairs and asked if someone could at least come take out my garbage, and 30 mins later someone finally did. And they laughed the entire way down the hall after they left my room. The evening front desk people and a couple of the maintence guys were nice. The van driver/security guard for the weekend, left something to be desired. Its not a bad hotel, but I am not sure if I would put this on the top of my list to stay there the next time. I will probably just fork out the extra 50 bucks a night and stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank trvlkitty
Reviewed April 4, 2007

I have stayed at Red Lions before and always thought them to be a cut above. Not this one. I got stuffed in the ghetto section in back. The room hadn't been redone in decades though the furniture and bed were decent. It certainly wasn't worth $100.00 a night. Additionally, I am still fighting a double billing on my charge card from the restaraunt.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank Sentientken
Reviewed January 21, 2007

We were in town for a convention. We stayed in the 280's section. We can hear through the walls people snoring! Our room didn't have a refrigerator and microwave but our friends room did. We both paid the same price for our rooms. We all thought our rooms were very clean. We were disappointed there was no elevator service in our building section. This was very hard on the elderly persons in our group.

• Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank CaroK
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Lewis, WA
Reviewed April 13, 2006

I have stayed at the Red Lion Yakima Center for 8 of the last 9 months while training soldiers at the Yakima Training Center, they have been great and addressed any problems very quickly.

Stayed: April 2006