Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center
$139
Oxford Inn Yakima(Yakima)
$102
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We have stayed here before and were not disappointed. When we checked in the girl on the afternoon shift was the same person that checked us in 3 years ago and was just as pleasant as the first time. She deserves a raise, promotion, or maybe a position in training others in the hospitality that she is able to put forth. When we did call about anything response was very prompt.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I think the maids do their best with what they have. The sheets and pillowcases were clean, but the mattress and pillows smelled horrible. Carpets are way past needing replaced in the room and hallways. I was very disappointed with how this hotel has gone downhill.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The room was very nice except for the peeling around the window and no screen.

I took my dog for a potty walk around 2 am and saw two men in the parking lot jumping a fence and heard gunshots! There was a large gang presence in the hotel and major partying from 1:30 am to around 3 am.

The price is right and the staff were great but we are afraid for our safety. Gang members, due to attire and tats, were checking into the hotel.

Although we liked the hotel itself, management needs to take care of the gang presence and the gang tagging around the property.

We had specifically requested a ground floor room when we reserved weeks in advance but were housed on the second floor.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
hojoyakima, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Debra;
I appreciate you letting me know what transpired during your stay over this last weekend; and I appologize that you were made to feel that way under our care. I will immediately follow up with our security company . We utilize them for the security and comfort of our guests; and we try very hard to make sure we have the coverage to diminish that fear for all our guests all of the time. I appreciate you letting me know that is not what transpired over the last weekend during your atay and I will address it right away. Thank you again for letting me know, and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the future and I will work on correcting these issues.
Best regards,

Colette Keeton
Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel
D: 509-574-0888

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We go to the two day race at the fair.The last two years we have stay at the howard johnson because the room are very clean and the people are friendly.

Tina,
Thank you for your kind words; we are very appreciative of having you as a loyal guest these last two years. We will continue our efforts and training with all the staff so we can continually focus on what is the most important, you our guests!
Looking forward to having you here again soon,

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I wasn't expecting much when I arrived at the hotel. In fact I really just wanted a room to sleep in after being on the road. Jessica, at the front desk, was very nice and friendly. She got me checked in and when I got to my room I was pretty surprised. The beds were huge and comfy, the room was clean and had a door leading out to the pool. For the price I payed I was beyond happy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Jason,
It is always wonderful to hear encouraging words form our travelers. I will pass on to Jessica your kind words; I know they will be a boost to her today! We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to having you again in the future.
Best regards,