“Excellent food”

Add it.
Koi Bistro
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We were greeted by a very friendly young woman who answered all of our questions about menu items and the buffet. This family bought the restaurant in April of 2013 so if you read a review from before that time, ignore it. It is a different business. The food was very good and the portions were plenty large. Two of the 3 of us took some home. We had spring rolls with peanut sauce to start with and we tried the Pho and 2 other dishes. It was all good. This is a great place for authentic Vietnamese food.

There are newer reviews for Koi Bistro
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were here about a year ago, when this was called the Golden Coin,....The food was bland, generic, semi-warm, and the meat entrees were unidentifiable pieces of something chewy smothered in various sauces. .I choked down lunch and vowed not return if I could only unstick my chair from the floor and my shirt from the table.

Driving by, I noticed a new sign on the front, with their new name KOI BISTRO.....we decided to look inside before committing to lunch again..... WOW, what a difference a year and a new owner makes!! We were pleasantly greeted by the hostess, who asked us if we'd ever been there before. I was pretty candid about my prior assessment, and she agreed......since new ownership took over the restaurant a few months back, I'm sure they had heard it all before, too.

The food on the $10. lunch buffet was fresh, and they seemed to calibrate the buffet offering quantities to the size of the customer base in the restaurant at the time, minimizing the "food waiting on the steam tables" effect. A few basic interior changes, but much of the furniture was the same as I remembered. The sauces were tasty, not overpowering, and our drinks never hit bottom before they were refilled. The price was great, the food was good and plentiful, (Ice cream served at no additional charge) and the atmosphere was what one would expect in a buffet-style environment (which is the ONLY reason I gave this category a 4 instead of a 5)....but the big deal was THE RESTAURANT, BUFFET AND BATHROOMS WERE SPOTLESS! We'll definitely be back.....we live near here, and it's nice to have an alternative to Mexican and Fast foods for a quick lunch or dinner. Oh, yeah....almost forgot: NO MSG used in their cooking!

1  Thank Mike G
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Though the people were friendly, when we were served our meal we couldn't for sure tell what meat really was. The chicken did not taste nor look like chicken. The texture was weird. All the food seemed to taste the same. This was by far the worst meal we have ever had. 8 people were served at this restaurant from our family and they all were very disappointed in the food. We felt sorry for the people who worked at the restaurant

4  Thank 5Roses