“Pretty good value”

Yakima Sports Center
Ranked #32 of 244 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, International
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oliver, Canada
“Pretty good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stopped here for drinks and a bite to eat on the recommendation of a barmaid in another establishment. We had walked by this place earlier in the evening and did not realize it was a restaurant / bar - we thought it was a sporting goods store. We had some drinks and "fast" food at the bar. The drinks were cheap and plentiful, the food likewise. The service from the bartender was friendly and prompt.

If we're back in Yakima we will probably visit here again.

• Visited November 2012

Central Wa
“New Owners; New Look; Love IT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This place is really turning around with the new owners! Fresh ideas, refreshed happy hour menu and fresh paint…The staff is friendly and the food is fantastic. Travis knows food and how a restaurant should be ‘done’. Monday they will be serving up specials for Monday night football and there are a dozen televisions to watch the game on. Happy hour is mon-sat 4pm-7pm it has $4 and $3 appetizers (I would get the wings and 50/50 fries) plus discounts on beer. Sunday they serve breakfast (I recommend the chicken fried steak), the breakfast burrito is good but the tortilla can be chewy. This is a family friendly place and there is ample parking in the rear.

• Visited September 2012
Olympia, Washington
“Excellent Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Not being familiar with Yakima, we drove by the Yakima Sports Center several times without realizing it was a bar/restaurant. We noticed the interesting revolving vintage hunter with shooting gun sign (which the show American Pickers would probably love to get). We thought it was an old sports shop. Anyway, on Labor Day, pretty much nothing else was opened, so we stopped for lunch. We sat outside (nothing fancy here, just the sidewalk) and had the grilled pork with slaw, the grilled ahi sandwich, and the sweet potato fries. Everything was super delicious! Service was great. We were so glad we ate there. The place inside is a throw-back to a 1960s or earlier sports bar. Food excellent; decor and ambiance historical "local dive".

• Visited September 2012
Medford, Oregon
“Go if you are "cool"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have been to this establishment three times. One time was great the other two left a lot to be desired. I figured out the problem.............the bartenders. If you want to sit at the bar, as I do, be prepared if Lindsay is working and Rob for that matter, to be treated like you are a burden.

My first visit last year I remembered how lame the bartender was to me. My second visit was on a recent Tuesday and the bartender was attentive and pleasant, just what you would hope to have. Food was good and I looked forward to returning.

Made the mistake of stopping in the following night for a beer after having dinner elsewhere. I recognized the bartender from my original visit last year. Go figure she was as lame as before. She went so far as to tell customer asking questions that she had been there six years and could not be wrong.

Well you work at a dive bar in Yakima, your job is customer service and if you want to be a rude indifferent bartending staff be prepared for a lack of tips. At least fake that you care about people that are not your regulars. Any business needs to grow their client base, yet at this point yours will be shrinking from the entitled attitude from your servers.

• Visited July 2012
Sammamish, Washington
“Wish I could have visited again while we were there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We came here for appetizers and a casual bar to have a beer. The nachos were the best I have ever had, after seeing other reviews I wish we would have done dinner here. When I go back I will defiantly try. The staff was great, the drinks were good and the bar was very casual and comfortable. It's not the fine dining experience but you will have a great time.

Visited June 2012

Been to Yakima Sports Center? Share your experiences!