WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Yakima

Holiday Inn Yakima
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
texas
“Newer hotel, clean with comfortable beds!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We were a little concerned after reading the post about no hot water when the hotel was full that someone posted. We were happy that the hotel was not full....we had no issues with having hot water but we only stayed one night. The hotel is newer, very clean, security entry gate, restraint on site (didn't eat there) & comfortable beds. I really like the town especially at night when the christmas type lights on trees that line the Main Street are on.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear mere1426,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay! I am delighted to hear you were happy with the hotel, including the cleanliness, comfortable beds, and secure gated parking!

Our restaurant, "8th Street Bistro", has really great food, so hopefully you will have a chance to try us the next time you are staying here! You can always order room service, too!

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great hotel.Great location. I checked on the red lion across the street before I booked this hotel and was glad I didnt stay at the red lion. The holiday inn was cheaper and a heck of alot nicer hotel. The beds are some of the most comfortable I've stayed in not to mention the Keurig in the room that was a nice touch. No problems with the hot water at any point during my stay. Ruben at the front desk was great.Hes definitely the type of front desk clerk you want greeting your guests. Will for sure stay here again .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Weldon H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, including your comfortable bed and the Keurig coffee maker in your guest room! (It's one of our favorite features, too!)

I truly appreciate your kind words regarding our Guest Service Agent that greeted you upon check in! He is a true asset to our team, and I will ensure your review and comments are passed along to him!

We look forward to having you here the next time you are in town.

Wenatchee, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stay here frequently for business, definitely one of the nicer hotels in the Yakima area for this price range. Very clean comfortable rooms, friendly service, awesome dining at the 8th St Bistro on main floor, and really like the secure parking. Will continue to stay here whenever I'm in town for business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear HBR30x47,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Yakima! We sincerely appreciate your loyalty when you are in our area.

I am delighted to hear you find your guest room to be clean and comfortable, our staff friendly, and that you are able to enjoy our "8th Street Bistro" restaurant! I will pass your kind words along to our team members.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jenny J.,
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

After arriving at the hotel, I was confronted with a sign saying that if the hotel is full, they recommend not showering between 6 - 8am as they run out of hot water. I was a bit taken back but didn't think much of it.

After checking into our room, my wife decided to have a shower, and low and behold, the water was cold. Ringing the front desk resulted in a spiel about being full and therefor they run out of hot water in the morning. This was 5pm in the afternoon :|

The next day waited till around 9pm, had a HOT shower so thought things were ok. Went down and checked out the pool which is nice. Heading back to the room, went to have another shower after swimming, and the water was cold. At 11am.

So this place has issues with hot water. If hot water is a requirement for your hotel stay, then I would suggest you stay elsewhere because it's obviously on optional luxury at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear RyanW W,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay here with us. We truly value your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you and your wife experienced some issues with water temperature over the weekend. Having a hot shower is something you should always be able to take, and I'm sure it was very inconvenient!

Our Chief Engineer is looking in to the issue in an effort to try and ensure that this does not happen in the future, as this is definitely not to our standards.

Again, I am so sorry that your stay was not as pleasant as it could have been and hope you will give us another try the next time you are in town!

West Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I recently spent 2 nights at the holiday inn hotel yakima for business. Hotel is located in the heart of downtown, shopping and dining choices walking distance. The hotel, rooms were all clean and comfortable. Free wifi and internet. the bed was great, actually slept in which is rare for me. The 8 th street bistro is in the hotel and serves up great breakfast. They have indoor pool, hot tub, gym,was not able to use. This is a recommended hotel for business or vacation.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear snooky75,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us. We greatly appreciately your feedback.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, that you found both the hotel and your guest room to be clean and comfortable, and that you slept well!

We are also glad that you enjoyed your breakfast from our 8th Street Bistro. You will have to try dinner in our restaurant the next time you are here!

Thanks again, and we look forward to having you here the next time you are in town!

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

This Holiday was very nice and clean. Most of the staff was very friendly. I would give this place a 3+ rating. The only issue I had was the door slamming, you hear it all the time. Especially the morning, the staff comes through and does the knocking on the doors, opens the door real fast to see if the rooms are empty and then lets the door slam, you hear this every few seconds. I think the lead of the cleaning crew does a fast sweep to see what rooms can be cleaned?. Also, I think the price is a bit high. Other than that the place was very nice, I think I would stay again if they lowered the prices and included ear plugs with their amenities. By doing that I think I would visit Yakima more often.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear KDL 1234,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear you found our staff to be friendly, and the hotel to be nice and clean!

I am sorry to hear that you had some disturbance with doors closing in the hallway. I will pass your comments along to our Executive Housekeeper, so that she and her team can focus on making as little noise as possible when checking the guest rooms, especially in the morning!

Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to having you here in the future!

Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The best beds and choice of pillows, very quiet with blackout curtains,and an efficient air conditioning system make this a hotel chain I plan to revisit again. The room was spacious and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Al_Travels2,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay here with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here, and that you found your guest room to be comfortable and spacious!

We are also very happy that you found our staff friendly and helpful! Your feedback is very important, and I will pass along your kind words to our team.

We look forward to having you here with us on future trips to our area!