WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
West Kelowna, Canada
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I recently spent 2 nights at the holiday inn hotel yakima for business. Hotel is located in the heart of downtown, shopping and dining choices walking distance. The hotel, rooms were all clean and comfortable. Free wifi and internet. the bed was great, actually slept in which is rare for me. The 8 th street bistro is in the hotel and serves up great breakfast. They have indoor pool, hot tub, gym,was not able to use. This is a recommended hotel for business or vacation.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear snooky75,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us. We greatly appreciately your feedback.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, that you found both the hotel and your guest room to be clean and comfortable, and that you slept well!

We are also glad that you enjoyed your breakfast from our 8th Street Bistro. You will have to try dinner in our restaurant the next time you are here!

Thanks again, and we look forward to having you here the next time you are in town!

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

This Holiday was very nice and clean. Most of the staff was very friendly. I would give this place a 3+ rating. The only issue I had was the door slamming, you hear it all the time. Especially the morning, the staff comes through and does the knocking on the doors, opens the door real fast to see if the rooms are empty and then lets the door slam, you hear this every few seconds. I think the lead of the cleaning crew does a fast sweep to see what rooms can be cleaned?. Also, I think the price is a bit high. Other than that the place was very nice, I think I would stay again if they lowered the prices and included ear plugs with their amenities. By doing that I think I would visit Yakima more often.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear KDL 1234,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear you found our staff to be friendly, and the hotel to be nice and clean!

I am sorry to hear that you had some disturbance with doors closing in the hallway. I will pass your comments along to our Executive Housekeeper, so that she and her team can focus on making as little noise as possible when checking the guest rooms, especially in the morning!

Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to having you here in the future!

Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The best beds and choice of pillows, very quiet with blackout curtains,and an efficient air conditioning system make this a hotel chain I plan to revisit again. The room was spacious and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Al_Travels2,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay here with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here, and that you found your guest room to be comfortable and spacious!

We are also very happy that you found our staff friendly and helpful! Your feedback is very important, and I will pass along your kind words to our team.

We look forward to having you here with us on future trips to our area!

WENATCHEE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

The beds at this hotel are better than our own at home. We can't wait to stay there when we are in town. We also find the staff to be very friendly and eager to help make our stay a comfortable one. The food in the restaurant is excellent and the servers always remember us as regular customers.

Room Tip: We find every room we stay in to be of the highest quality.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear DOUGMORGAN,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoy the comfort of our beds, our friendly and helpful staff, and our "8th Street Bistro" food quality and staff!

Our goal is to ensure you have a relaxing, comfortable and pleasant stay, and we are glad that you did.

We also appreciate your "Room TIp". We take pride in our guest rooms, and I will pass your kind words along to our team!

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Bend, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have NJROTC competitions in Yakima and our hotel of choice is always the Holiday Inn. This Holiday Inn is one of the nicest I have stayed in, rooms are so nice, beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are roomy. the times I have stayed there has always been some sort of sporting event, so the hall ways can tend to be noisy at late hours, but that is my only complaint, overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lisantrvl
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear lisantrvl,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am delighted to hear that we are your hotel of choice when visiting the Yakima area. We appreciate you loyalty.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your guest room, your comfortable beds and the spacious bathrooms! I appreciate your feedback on the noise level in the hallways during sporting weekends. I will pass this information on to our staff, so that we can continue to monitor hallways during these times in an effort to ensure all of our guests can enjoy a quiet room.

Thank you again, and we look forward to having you here with us in the future!

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family and I have stayed in a lot of hotels in the fifty dollar price range and this one is by far the nicest. It's comfort, cleanliness, and good service is more like those hotels that charge closer to one hundred dollars. We will definitely stay here again when we come back to Yakima and really hope they don't realize they are under charging. :)

Room Tip: We had two rooms, one on each side and both were good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jenjonesbc
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear jenjonesbc,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable, and our staff friendly!

These are all things our staff takes great pride in, and I will be sure to pass your kind words along to everyone.

Thank you again, and we look forward to having you here with us in the future!

Jenny J.,
Kirkland, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

His was my second stay for business and will continue to use this hotel. The staff is very professional and helpful. Ideal location with the Yakima Convention Center right across the street. Easy Internet access and nice work space in the room. Beds are firm but not hard and they give you a couple of choices of pillows to use. Don't miss the breakfast specials, good way to start the day!

Room Tip: I like the third and forth floors..........nice views!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim F
Dear Jim F,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff professional and helpful! I will pass your kinds words along to them.

I am also happy that you found your room to be comfortable, including your pillow options and great Internet speed, and that you enjoyed the view of our beautiful valley.

You are right - our breakfast specials are a great way to start the day!

We look forward to having you here with us in the future!