“By far the best Hotel in Yakima”
Review of Holiday Inn Yakima

Holiday Inn Yakima
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Seattle, WA
“By far the best Hotel in Yakima”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Arrived and checked in with no problems. Room was very nice. Very clean, and the furnishings nice. As I walked in, I noticed the Kurig coffee maker right off the bat. That was an extremely nice touch.

The nice thing about this Hotel is the full service, with restaurant and bar. It made my diner choice easy. The bar was fully stocked with a nice selection of beers. I ordered the steak medallions for dinner and the meal was excellent.

This is my #1 choice when staying in Yakima.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank MetalSales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bothell
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Loved this hotel! The room was clean, comfortable and we had a great time. Loved the jetted tub in the bathroom! The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. When I requested a couple of extra bath towels, they didn't bat an eye. We don't get to Yakima very often, but they will definitely be my first choice when we go back.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 19, 2011

LOVE the Holiday Inn - in Yakima. Its right off the freeway (but you don't hear the freeway noise). Quiet place. Nice restaurant. Great staff. Clean rooms. Comfy beds. Roomy. Has gated parking which is an awesome feature as well! Nice pool area. Business center is small but works in a pinch. Close to downtown. Right across the street from the convention center and a HUGE step up from the Red Lion. Brand new and modern decor. Will stay there again :) The "take out" from the restaurant was really good too!

My "only" complaint is the bar tender doesn't really have a grasp on making good drinks....aside from that great place.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank orionsangel2
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I recently stayed in this hotel for business in the area. I was impressed to learn that it was a newer Holiday Inn. The rooms are standard holiday inn style, which is spacious and modern. The bed was comfortable and I found it to be very supportive. I tried the resturant intially because I did not want to have to leave the hotel for a meal, but after trying it I found the quality to ve very good and opted to dine there other times during this trip. I would recommend this hotel. Price is reasonable, staff is friendly, and quality seems to really be there!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Tacoma
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I have now stayed at this property twice and unless forced by coworkers there will not be a third. On my first trip I walked up to what was seemingly the express check in line as indicated by the posted sign. There was a large youth group checking in individually and I did not want to wait in line. The front desk clerk actively ignored me and proceeded to check in guests. I tucked my tail (to the amusement of my co worker who also thought that was the express line) and went to the back of the line. When I got to the front I asked about the sign and if it actually meant anything. The person checking in giggled and said not really. I was irritated from that point on. I got to my room and looked out the window to discover a giant splotch of bird stuff on my window.

I was very irritated with check in and filled out their in house comment card. I know they received it because when I came back the window was excessively clean and my co worker's window next door had not been touched. This seemed as if they made a special effort for me. The hotel made no attempt to rectify the problem i had at check in. Much later I received an electronic comment card from the corporate office and I lodged the same complaint. As of 2 months later nothing has been done to address my complaint. While this is minor it leads me to believe that they are unwilling to address guest issues.

On my next stay everything went much better. The person checking me was very professional. I almost walked up to a dirty room but the check in person caught her mistake before I got to the elevator and promptly moved me. She also called me within a half hour to check if everything was alright (the prior stay the person was chatting on the phone all night on an obviously personal call). My problem with this stay is that I still have not received priority points. I sent a request through the corporate office and they came back and said my rate did not qualify. I just sent an email to them asking why that same rate qualified a month before but not now.

Up until now I have stayed at the nearby Holiday Inn express. They have outstanding service and have not given me any issues to date. I will stay with them for now on just to avoid my obviously bad luck with this property.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Hoke1
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This hotel is new to the Yakima are and is a great asset. The hotel is almost new and the staff are well trained and friendly. The room decor is pleasant with exceptional bedding. The rooms are quiet and the restauant and lounge are very welcome. As a salesman we appreciate not having to leave the hotel for dinner. Secure parking is great.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This hotel is situated perfectly in downtown Yakima close the Convention Center and several restaurants. The restaurant in the hotel, Kem's, is actually pretty good too. The night we were there they even had live music in the lounge. The rooms were pretty good sized and the beds were SUPER COMFY! I also loved how the hotel is "Green" and to turn on the electricity in the room you insert your key card into this slot by the door. SO COOL! Overall, it is a great hotel that is BRAND NEW and is highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business