“Great pizza in a fun location.”

Russillo's Pizza & Gelato
Ranked #72 of 247 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Washington State
“Great pizza in a fun location.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had read mixed reviews on other sites and were a bit leery, but decided to take a chance. I'm glad we did. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was fun, and the garlic chicken pizza was delicious. The only negative was the salad. We paid $3.99 for bagged salad that tasted like it had been stored in a moldy refrigerator. We'd go back for pizza, though.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ShelleyG33

Montesano, Washington
“Interesting place, great service, disappointing Alfredo Sauce”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We spent the night in Yakima this weekend and this was one of the places that had been recommended to us by the Desk Clerk at our hotel. The restaurant was very easy to find (a plus for out-of-towners) and had ample parking.
We started with their Cheesy Bread Sticks (a small pizza with assorted cheeses, no sauce) and their Marinara and Alfredo dipping sauces. The bread was great and the marinara was passable, but I was very disappointed with the Alfredo Sauce. It was very thin and very bland.
For dinner my wife ordered Spaghetti with Marinara/Mushrooms and two Meatballs. When they arrived it appeared that the meatballs were overcooked, as they had a hard crust all around them, but when cut open they proved to be very moist and delicious. We also thought that the serving size was very generous.
I ordered the Knuckle Sandwich (basically a Calzone) with Pepperoni/Sausage/Mushrooms and was delighted with it. This was also a very generous serving.
Our overall experience was great and the only thing keeping me from rating it a 5 is my opinion of their Alfredo Sauce.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ed H
Maple Valley, Washington
“Wonderful food, fun ambience and great service”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I originally stopped here because of the Railroad Car theme. I think there are 6 or 7 railroad cars that have been turned into a local shopping area. Very nicely done and maintained. Sometimes all you get is the theme and nothing else. Russillo's is different. It's inviting and the staff is so friendly you wonder if you didn't know these folks in another life. Comfortable inside with an open kitchen and no problem standing at the counter watching meals being prepared. The 24 inch pizza was amazing to see built and cooked. One of the chefs mentioned it was free if you could eat it all in a specified time limit. She also mentioned that they did a 36 inch pizza. I passed on both.

I chose to sit outside on their huge deck. Most of the customers were on the deck this evening. Very comfortable with a view of the old train station and I think that the tracks there are still active, although no trains went by while I was there.

Then the food. I started with the Vegetariano Roll. Very nicely done Fresh veggies with a nice blend of cheeses in a light, thin roll. This and a salad would serve as a filling lunch. I chose to save half the roll for breakfast and moved on to an entree. I had a plain salad with no dressing so I cannot comment of those.

I had the spaghetti with meatballs and an order of cheesy breadsticks. Everything is homemade here (except the libations - although the wine is private labeled for Russillo's). The sauce was thick and simmered just right. Not heavy or burned or acidic. I finished off the spaghetti and just one of the breadsticks. The other went back to my hotel.

Now get this. My waiter told me the chefs at Russillo's make the gelato and come up with 2 - 3 new combinations every day. He had me come in to look over the freezer case filled with 10 different gelatos. The cheesecake was superb but when when I tested the sea salt caramel I ordered a double. WOW. Just spectacular! A woman at a neighboring table over heard me talking about the sea salt caramel gelato and on her way out with her young son she stopped at the table and insisted that I should get a dish of it. I didn't want to tell her I had already eaten two. Apparently, I was not the only one who thought highly of this creation.

Go here. If you are in Yakima, WA or close enough to swing by, this is a must stop dining experience. Just be prepared to have fun. Being young at heart helps, too!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Golfingmike
Boise, Idaho
“Excellent food, great service”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a gem of a restaurant, located in the "Track 29" area of downtown Yakima. Great "Brick Oven' pizza, nice beer and wine selection, very friendly, efficient service.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Barski42
Bellevue, Washington
“Good quick Italian at track 29”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stopped here for dinner. Wished I'd saved room for gelato. Not just a pizza joint, good selection of pastas and sandwiches. Informal, courteous staff.

1 Thank Hollyrik