“Wonderful food, fun ambience and great service”

Russillo's Pizza & Gelato
Ranked #34 of 253 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Maple Valley, Washington
“Wonderful food, fun ambience and great service”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I originally stopped here because of the Railroad Car theme. I think there are 6 or 7 railroad cars that have been turned into a local shopping area. Very nicely done and maintained. Sometimes all you get is the theme and nothing else. Russillo's is different. It's inviting and the staff is so friendly you wonder if you didn't know these folks in another life. Comfortable inside with an open kitchen and no problem standing at the counter watching meals being prepared. The 24 inch pizza was amazing to see built and cooked. One of the chefs mentioned it was free if you could eat it all in a specified time limit. She also mentioned that they did a 36 inch pizza. I passed on both.

I chose to sit outside on their huge deck. Most of the customers were on the deck this evening. Very comfortable with a view of the old train station and I think that the tracks there are still active, although no trains went by while I was there.

Then the food. I started with the Vegetariano Roll. Very nicely done Fresh veggies with a nice blend of cheeses in a light, thin roll. This and a salad would serve as a filling lunch. I chose to save half the roll for breakfast and moved on to an entree. I had a plain salad with no dressing so I cannot comment of those.

I had the spaghetti with meatballs and an order of cheesy breadsticks. Everything is homemade here (except the libations - although the wine is private labeled for Russillo's). The sauce was thick and simmered just right. Not heavy or burned or acidic. I finished off the spaghetti and just one of the breadsticks. The other went back to my hotel.

Now get this. My waiter told me the chefs at Russillo's make the gelato and come up with 2 - 3 new combinations every day. He had me come in to look over the freezer case filled with 10 different gelatos. The cheesecake was superb but when when I tested the sea salt caramel I ordered a double. WOW. Just spectacular! A woman at a neighboring table over heard me talking about the sea salt caramel gelato and on her way out with her young son she stopped at the table and insisted that I should get a dish of it. I didn't want to tell her I had already eaten two. Apparently, I was not the only one who thought highly of this creation.

Go here. If you are in Yakima, WA or close enough to swing by, this is a must stop dining experience. Just be prepared to have fun. Being young at heart helps, too!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Golfingmike

Boise, Idaho
“Excellent food, great service”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a gem of a restaurant, located in the "Track 29" area of downtown Yakima. Great "Brick Oven' pizza, nice beer and wine selection, very friendly, efficient service.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Barski42
Bellevue, Washington
“Good quick Italian at track 29”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stopped here for dinner. Wished I'd saved room for gelato. Not just a pizza joint, good selection of pastas and sandwiches. Informal, courteous staff.

1 Thank Hollyrik
Vancouver, Washington
“Only Place in Yakima we liked.”
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

We walked around downtown and none of the other restaurants looked inviting so we stopped into Russillo's. It was so charming and fun looking. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the warm sun and cool breezes. We had 1 pollo bianco which was super yummy, we also had anotner pizza that was have meat half cheese and it was perfect: not too much sauce, just enough cheese, and the crust had tons of flavor! We also had a cesar salad, the dressing tasted house made and was superb! However, the french dip was rather bland.
Last we had the gelato...holy YUM! We had chocolate, birthday cake, cheesecake and strawberry and they were all SO flavorful! Best gelato ever! If you even just go for dessert you will be pleased!!

Bothell, WA
“Amazing Bargain”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Went to visit Yakima for a Sunday night and had already scoped out the best places to eat, and guess what, they're all closed on Sunday. Cruising around the nearly deserted downtown area we were about to give up and go for fast food when we spotted Russillo's in the Track 29 area. It looked deserted too but it had an open sign and we were hungry and desperate. I consider myself a pizza connoisseur and give this 4 stars out of 5. My wife ordered spaghetti with marinara and it, including the salad, was way better than we've paid a lot more for. Just a wonderful meal all around. Don't know if the service is always as good as it was that night, but even if they have more people I'm certain they're still just as friendly.

• Visited May 2012