“The highlight of our trip to Yakima”

Russillo's Pizza & Gelato
Ranked #72 of 247 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Vancouver, Washington
“The highlight of our trip to Yakima”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We came into town witth our teenage daughter for the AAU Track Field National Qualifiers. The host hotel's guide listed several choices. The restaurant we wanted to try in the Old City Hall was 21 and over, so we quickly looked around and found Russillo's close by. The diners outside were having such a great time, so we decided to give it a try. We were unexpectedly overwhelmed with the quality of the food, service, wine, gelato, and fun atmosphere.

There was something for everyone on the menu. My husband ordered a fantastic drunken lobster ravioli, my daughter a classic fettucine alfredo, while I had a great grilled chicken sandwich on foccacia bread. The pasta sauces were flavorful and delicate without being heavy and greasy. My family commented that the soft breadsticks were great. Typically they don't even bother eating their bread. They also raved about the gelato. My husband and I were also quite pleased with the wines.

From a pricing perspective, I would like to call out that the owners have down a great job of offering a wide range for everyone. My sandwich at dinner time was $9 and came with a complete/full sized salad. My families pasta dishes were reasonably priced. A family could easily order a pizza to split or chose a smaller/less expensive option as I did at dinner time while the hungier members of the family can order a hearty pasta dish.

The service was great, the place was fun, the food was incredibly good. My husband found it so good that we wants to make a detour into Yakima on our trip next month to Spokane. We feel lucky to have found this great little gem of a restaurant at a last minute by taking a chance.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank annika23

Washington
“Good service, good food”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I read the reviews at tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. Had the knuckle sandwich, which was essentially a calzone. It was was tasty although a tad burnt on the bottom. The service was good - the waitress was very attentive. If I am back in Yakima I would eat there again.

1 Thank MrMovie500
Poughkeepsie, NY
“It's about the food!”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

And this is about as good as it gets. A New York style Italian restaurant with hearty sauces, slow cooked and full of flavor. Pastas that are cooked to perfection. House made gnocchi and lobster and crab ravioli to die for. We are New Yorkers and found this place superior to many of our favorite local spots. If you want chi-chi, or Cal-italian stay away. If you want big flavors this is your place. And if wines are your thing a good list of well made local wines available by the glass.

yakima
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's not New York, but it's damn close.........”
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Best pie in Yakima, hands down......................fresh ingredients, hand made to order.....

1 Thank YakimaFoodSnob
seattle
“Fantastic Pizza”
Reviewed January 23, 2010

This was our first visit to Rusillo's and willl be back often. This is apparently a new location for them after some difficulties under different management. They are back with gusto and a very good pizza. They have an interesting location on a row of train cars setup as businesses in a historic neighborhood featuring a restored train depot. They are located at the caboose end of the train just off of downtown's mainstreet Yakima Ave.

If you like good NY style pizza in a cool little atmosphere with a really friendly staff, you'll like this place!

3 Thank michaelmaxp