“2nd Street Grill”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Decent food and good beverages. Location is nice and its a great place for business, family, or fun. The pork loin was very good but the stuffed chicken was even better!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Yakima's agriculture-centric economy makes the search for upscale dining a little more work. But Second Street is worth checking out.

Building conveys attention to detail that comes through in the cuisine. Wait staff and hostess friendly and helpful, even on a busy evening.

Avocado Bruschetta is a wonderful appetizer.

Pasta Primavera: prepared more Greek than traditional, but very good -- though it could have used more spinach.

New York Steak Salad: Generous cut of steak, salad was excellent.

Outside dining pleasant and worth the wait; evening traffic in downtown Yakima is very light.

Definitely the place to eat if you are traveling through Yakima.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Everything on menu was wonderful. Food arrived hot, great selection, superb service. Locations were close to hotel, too.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stopped in Yakima on my way to visit John Day Fossil Beds National Monument. This places ranked third place in Tripadvisor out of 215 places. It is also located just off the main street and not far from the Hilton Garden Inn.

It is a bar and a restaurant. There is a patio outside, it is perfect for summer dinning. There is large TV inside. Service is efficient and friendly.

It was nice to see some Asian option. I had the Almond Chicken Rice Bowl, and my companion had The Grilled Chicken, and we tried a local wine -- Naches Height Gewurtztraminer, it was light and perfect for the summer night. I was pleasantly surprised how light my Almond Chicken Rice Bowl was, the chicken was seasoned well, with spring spouts and chopped almonds. The Grilled Chicken is not heavy either. Since Yakima Valley produces 77% of all hops grown in the United States, I expect the beer to be good. I was not disappointed. All in all, I had a very pleasant dinning experience there.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We visited Second Street Grill for a early dinner for a family celebration. The atmosphere was great; very nice decor, nice blend of indoor and outdoor space with large open doors. Service was also excellent, especially for a large group. They were also very accommodating our celebration and even stored the cake in the back for us so we had more table space during the meal.

The food however was unfortunately quite substandard. My wife and I split the most expensive item on the menu (a 10 oz steak) and it was quite tasteless. The vegetable sides were also bland and didn't even get eaten (I noticed this on others plates as well).

I'd love to give this place a better rating, but the food just so below average I can't. If you're nice looking for a nice place and don't care as much about the food, I highly recommend it.