“Poor drinks.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Second Street Grill

Second Street Grill
Ranked #6 of 242 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tacoma, Washington
“Poor drinks.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went there for dinner and ordered a long island ice tea. I was able to drink this down in a matter of seconds because there was not much liquid and little or no alcohol. This was supposed to be a Long Island Ice Tea. It was obvious they filled the glass with ice then added some ice tea. For my wife to complain that she couldn’t taste any alcohol in her drink shows that they are more about making money then delivering a product. Dinner was ok and the place has a nice atmosphere. While walking back to our hotel we stopped by another restaurant to have some drinks.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Irvine, California
“Great service good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Great location, parked outside easily both times we visited. Great, friendly service and good food. Nothing special about the menu but some good wines and beers available.

Visited March 2013
“Answering "How is your meal?" truthfully”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

You know what it's like, don't you? A server comes back to check on you in the middle of a meal and cheerily asks "How's your meal?" not expecting anything other than " good" " fine" "great". You want to say "just OK" or something more specific, but you know he or she isn't the cook and isn't responsible for the food. Besides, it's embarrassing to create a stir. What do you do?

Usually I let my husband, who is a much nicer person than I am and happy just to be fed, answer for us and I follow the old adage "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." Then I'm not lying or being a people-pleasing phony.

My vegetarian sandwich with a yummy ingredient list including fresh mozzarella, pesto and artichoke hearts tasted fine but it had just one 1/4 inch slice of mozzarella and bread that was sugary sweet. This was on the dinner menu and therefore I was expecting more protein. I was asked twice how I liked the meal and both times I mentioned the skimpy slice of cheese...but what the heck could the server do about it? My husband had his meal in front of him and I was hungry. I wasn't going to delay the meal.

I'd like to hear from others about how they handle this situation and what solutions restaurants come up with when a meal is less than hoped for.

• Visited March 2013
Selah, Washington, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good service, but a bit spendy for what it is.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Second Street Grill is nicely decorated. We loved the brick walls and nostalgic pictures. Hostess and waiter were freindly and attentive. They have a large drink menu and we will definately go again to have drinks there. The food was good, but for the quality of the food the prices are a bit high. Comperable meals can easily be found at Red Robin of Denny's for at least $10.00 less for a couple. The decor of course is better than Denny's. To summarize: Good food, good service, but a bit spendy for what it is.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wes L
Vancouver, Washington
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Got The Squealer burger. Had bacon INSIDE the burger!!! Good food and reasonably priced. Happy hour has great prices on appetizers.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Second Street Grill? Share your experiences!