“Great little hang out”

Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Great little hang out”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Decent food at a decent price. Nice little hang out but can get pretty busy on the weekends especially at night being it is kind of a bar too.

Yakima, Washington
“take in a bit of downtown”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I like Second Street Grill. Their lunch fare is tasty and affordable. I had occasion to eat there several days in a row (Great place if you have jury duty across the street!). I did exhaust the menu in those days and go less frequently now.
In the warmer months there is great out side eating.

• Visited October 2011
Seattle
“stick to the wine”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My first experience with the restaurant was good. I had a great salad and glass of wine. But, the second time we went there, we ordered happy hour drinks. A big mistake. The Manhattan was so watered that it looked like apple juice. The gin wasn't the Tanguery that I'd ordered and it was also watered. We were polite to the waitress but she handled our request to either switch drinks or order something else, with studied indifference. The food was mediocre as well. I'll give it another try one of these days.

• Visited August 2012
Spokane Valley, Washington
“Nice gathering place”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice menu and waitress. Food quality was ok and prices a bit high for what you get, but there aren't as many choices in Yakima so this worked just fine

Visited September 2012
Olympia, Washington
“Ambiance and Decor Excellent; Food and Service Disappointing”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were visiting Yakima and "found" the Second Street Grill. Our first impression was "WOW"! The restaurant is beautifully done, upscale, and very nice. It has a great outside seating area, and a large bar. This was the Labor Day weekened, so they were packed on a Sunday night. Service was extremely slow and the food was, frankly, all bad. The bread basket had warm dark bread, but it was a bit hard and stale. My side salad was not cold and crisp. My husband had the giant chili burger and said the meat was burnt. I had the Grilled Mahi Mahi. The fish was overcooked, the rice was hard and cold, and the steamed broccoli was hard. We would NOT recommend eating dinner here. The bar looks very nice, so maybe just go for drinks and try an appetizer.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Second Street Grill? Share your experiences!