“Washington Farm Bureau Convention”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yakima Convention Center
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Four years in a row at the Yakima Convention center.

I was a delegate and I'll tell you one thing ......... If the Convention Center does not make BIG changes in the food and our State organization does not move somewhere else .......... then this is my last one I'll attend!!

Bottom line: The food was terrible!!!!!!!

Can you imagine feeding a State convention of FARMERS ........ POORLY?

Disgusted

1  Thank Mark H
There are newer reviews for Yakima Convention Center

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I continue to be impressed about the size and quality of the convention center in Yakima. I've been to several trade shows and the facility is excellent. Very well maintained and convenient to local hotels. Great job!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is for all of you that may find yourselves scheduled to attend a function in this most unique of Washington cities. We stayed at the Fairfield Marriott, and could walk here in under 10 minutes. There are plenty of other decent to good hotels within walking distance as well.

There is very little real food in the vicinity, unless you count Taco Bell, ARCO, and 7-Eleven. For a region that gets exceedingly warm in the summer, there is also a paucity of ice cream nearby, unless you are willing to patronize the Dairy Queen across the street. I have rules, and therefore cannot comment on that particular establishment in this location.

If you enjoy a midday stroll, this is the THE PLACE. There are plenty of sidewalks, shade trees, good street lights, watchful drivers, and the entire area is pretty darn flat; you can really generate a pace, especially if the lights are good to you.

Fare well.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a nice facility. However, the staff running the place is less than helpful. There generally is no food service available, unless planned by the using convention group. An overpriced coffee and muffin cart was present while I was there.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Having attended several conferences in the past few years, I am always impressed by the level of service and organization. Staff is very friendly and helpful, and the venue is very comfortable. We especially like the availability of the espresso cart each morning. The one downside is the location - at night the surrounding area is over-run with sketchy people, and does not feel safe. DON'T STROLL AT NIGHT BY YOURSELF!!