“Best breakfast!!”

Comfort Suites Yakima
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Really nice and clean. Staff very nice and helpful. Our suite had a jetted tub and there was plenty of hot water for tub and our showers afterwards. This sounds silly, but even the toilet paper was good, not the thin stuff you get at most hotels, where you have to use twice as much.

We've been on a road trip for almost a month, staying at hotels and friends' homes, and this hotel had one of the best breakfasts of all the hotels we stayed at. Eggs were freshly scrambled, bisquits with meat gravy wasn't too peppery or too salty, just right for us. Granola was good, seemed home made but probably wasn't.

Staff recomended "Wingers Roadhouse" and it was very good. Super milk shakes!! A lot of food for your money.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for your wounderful review of our hotel.We hope to serve you folks again in the near future. All comments are appreciated by our all of our staff.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We have stayed here before, convenient and close to family, easy on and off the freeway. Great breakfast ! Hotel needs some tender loving care, deep cleaning and some much needed updating. Lots of dust in public areas and in there décor, truly needs some work.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Val M
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

We appreciate you comments thank you. We are looking for some new things for our hotel in the very near future. We thank you for being a loyal guest ,and hope you will continue to stay with us.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

OK, in my previous comments about this chain I mentioned its downward spiral since the sale to a non-US owner. Certainly applies to this Comfort Suites. Mis-matched furniture, aged stains on toilet caused by years of poor cleaning, usually because the management will not use the correct chemicals in sufficient quantities or train the custodial staff or have basic knowledge of industrial cleanliness standards. Nice little fridge that showed its age by moaning in misery. We did get it replaced with one that didn't suffer as much.
The crowning managerial failure in this place was, when I asked for a highway map they had none, then when I asked for the location of the city visitors center I was given a blurry 297th .xerox copy of a kinda local map that was 10 years old. We tried to follow the map that had to have been made for extra-terrestrials only to find that the visitors center had been moved to a new location some years ago. GOOD GRIEF. So to help the ever hard working desk clerk we took a hand full of new maps from the city of Yakima a provided them to the clerk after our return to the motel. Her response was that "we are supposed to get some new ones soon". HUH?! R U SERIOUS. What the heck has the Yak chamber of commerce and the Choice Hotel group been doing for the past 10 Years. Be careful if you stay here. Oh, breakfast was not great with some kind of sludge called sausage graveyard that would clog the arteries of Godzilla.

Room Tip: Check everything as soon as you enter the room. If you like refrigerator compressor moans you will b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review,we appreciate all reviews. I am very sorry about the maps you requested. I don't know of to many hotels that carry a state map. We did have the wine tour. Apolgize for any inconvienance to you .

Connie Webb G.M

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I had a very bad experience in booking our room by an outside source. When we arrived Assistant Manager Tracy called this outside source and straightened everything out even though it took an extra 1/2 hr. past her long shift. She went on beyond her duty and it was much appreciated as she saved us a considerable amount of money. We have stayed here for years and the rooms as well as the service is always excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank for your wounderful comment on Trip Advisor. Tracy was very excited about your comment as well,our staff take pride in costomer service.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

During the visit, received several knocks on the door while in the shower. Doing my best to identify who was at the door they did not answer, though assumed it was room-cleaning service and stated that not to come in and come back at a later time.

After several minutes, while still in the shower, knocking at the door again. At this point, I exclaimed to for those at the door to come back at a later time, only to hear the door open (note: my bathroom door was open). I immediately exclaimed that I was taking a shower and for the staff to leave. To my surprise, after hurriedly finishing my shower, the door to the room was ajar with staff peering in and talking.

I hastily wrapped a towel around myself and rushed to the door, only to see the GM demanding entry to replace a cable box, while also demanding that I get dressed so they could complete the task.

When I exclaimed that I was undressed and their behavior was inappropriate, I shut the door, only to hear something slam against the door (perhaps a kick or an object).

Completely unprofessional GM and unacceptable, aggressive behavior.

First time ever writing a review, and definitely calling on ownership go take accountability and reprimand errant, unprofessional behavior by management.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Stefan R
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

I apologize for my any of my actions that made you less that comfortable.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stay at this hotel at least a couple of times a year because of it's location. It is the only hotel on this end of town and my family lives near here. We visit several times a year and stay at the hotel when visiting. We joined their 'loyalty' program. However there seems to be NO loyalty provided. We just made a reservation for Mother's Day weekend. They require 14 DAYS cancellation and increased the price of the standard room we usually rent by almost 50%. We have no choice but to stay here. But it leaves a bad taste in our mouth.
It's clean the people are nice. The management ... let's just say I'd go elsewhere if I had a choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Luanne S
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Loyalty
Thank you for your review,there is a 14 day cancel for large groups. I can assure you your regular cancelation applies to you. You are a valuable customer to us and we want to make staying with us enjoyable. Please contact me at the Comfort Suites so I can help with this reservation. Your loyalty is very important to us.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This room was reserved by the company I was working for at an event over the weekend. I was exhausted when I arrived after a VERY long day of work and probably not in the best of moods. When I walked in I was greeted by Dan. WONDERFUL customer service from this man! I stated who I was and he already had my room key ready to go!I had forgotten a lint brush and was in desperate need of one. I didn't really think that they would actually have one but, Dan was asked and instead of just saying no they didn't because he was unsure he asked me if I would mind waiting while he checked for me.....WOW! most people just say no and leave it at that but, not Dan....he went and double checked for me and to my surprise had one! The beds were VERY comfortable ,the rooms are nice, clean and very comfortable. The staff is A+++ and truly made you feel at home and welcomed. When I checked out early the next morning Dan had said " I hope you have a great day and don't work to hard" Thanks Dan!!I

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Dan. It is so good to hear that Dan make your check in as easy as possiable.And it is awesome that you would take your time to let us know how your stay was at Comfort Suites.
We look forward to serving you if your travel plans brings you our way again.