“Great time!”

Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Silverdale, Washington
“Great time!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I was there with my son's baseball team. The free breakfast and dinner was perfect! All we wanted to think about was baseball, it was nice to have meals covered. Not gourmet but hearty enough to fill you up. Clean and spacious rooms, lots of TV channels, 2 clean pools, staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Nolan W, General Manager at FairBridge Inn, Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
We really enjoy hosting rooms for the sports teams whenever there's a tournament in town. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us.

Yakima Valley Hotel & Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed July 25, 2014

While the motel needs a lot of updating in areas, we found our room clean and comfortable. Staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was ok. If you expect a full meal it might be best to go somewhere else. As far as a free beakfast , its about the normal fare. Never ate supper there so unable to say. I would stay here again, if I were ever back in the area. Very acceptable room rates.

Room Tip: Stay in a ground floor wing room. Ours was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel and tell us about your stay. We appreciate your patronage. It's always wonderful to hear about our guests having a positive experience, I hope you enjoyed your convention as well. We'll look forward to serving you again in the future.

Wallace, Idaho
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel was excellent in terms of customer service, clean and friendly. Very helpful front desk and housekeeping. My only sideways comment is the use of plastic and paper in the coffee shop. I prefer the feel and texture of glass and stainless flatwares.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us, we really appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. And yes, we usually do use real plates and silverware instead of plastic. The only exception to that is when the hotel is booked full we used paper and plastic to keep up with demand. We hope you enjoyed your stay and will look forward to your next visit.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 23, 2014

THE GOOD: Easy check in. Lots of free parking. Nice breakfast. Convenient.
THE BAD: Filthy carpet-I kept my socks on the whole time. Terrible housekeeping- found the counters still sticky with some kind of red syrup; needs updating
Try the Best Western across the street. NOTE: if you've never been to Yakima, don't worry about getting around town. It's a small place and any hotel is only about 15 minutes from anywhere in town

Room Tip: None. All similar
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
The Yakima Valley Hotel is an independently owned local business and our customers really matter to us. We expect all of our rooms to be clean and comfortable. I apologies for the state of your room and would like to make it up to you. Contact me personally at nolanwatte@hotmail.com or by contacting 509-248-7850 and ask for Nolan. We do appreciate your patronage, thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful and my room(s) clean. This establishment does not keep the air conditioning on and maintain a comfort level within the room. The day I checked in, it was 100+ in Yakima, and when I went in the room, it was very hot. I turned on the air conditioner and left to sit by the pool while the room cooled down. When I returned, I discovered the air conditioner was not working. I was given a second room and again, it was hot. Believe it or not, that air conditioner was also not working, so I had to move all my stuff yet again to a third room. It took until 1:00 am to get the room cooled down to 74 degrees, running the air conditioner at full blast. Needless to say, I did not have a good nights rest. However, the beds are comfortable. Dinner and breakfast buffets are offered, but if you are looking for healthy options, you won't find them here. Dinner consisted of frozen succotash, fried potatoes, fried chicken, and the salad bar not well stocked. The iceberg lettuce was brown, the spinach wilted and very few toppings. Breakfast options included cereal, eggs benedict (I think they were from the freezer section and heated up, but I didn't eat them so not sure), breakfast potatoes and sausage. All in all, my stay was a true disappointment and I won't return or recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
1 Thank Janna T
Thank you for your review. It's good to hear that our staff was friendly and rooms were clean, however I'm so sorry to hear about the AC not working. Being unhappy with your stay is completely understandable. We do have a responsibility to conserve energy and we do not keep the AC's running in rooms that are not marked for arrival. To make sure this doesn't happen again our ownership has been checking over the AC's in all the rooms to make sure there's a working air conditioner inside. Please accepted my apologies. We'd like a chance to make things right with you. Please contact me directly at 509-248-7850 just ask for Nolan.

Yakima Valley Hotel & Conference Center

Travelers are raving about these Yakima hotels

Watervliet, Michigan
Reviewed July 18, 2014

First off let me say we are in week 3 of a 3 week vacation so we have stayed at a lot of motels. Incomparison the Yakima Valley Hotel does need some work. I'm going to list the pros and cons
Pros
Very spacious rooms
comfortable beds
free dinner and breakfast included in the room price which makes this a very reasonable place to stay.
walk out balcony on 2nd floor, and patio on 1st floor.
Nice pool
Rooms clean
Very pleasant staff

Cons
Needs to be updated. Rooms are dated.
It's a HUGE motel (this could also be a pro I suppose)
We had an issue with a few ants which we reported but I believe my husband gave them the wrong room number so we didn't see anything being done about them. It was not bad and it was not a deal breaker but I feel it must be mentioned. The young lady at the desk was very apologetic. I feel we were to blame for them not showing but it was not worth calling them again because it really was not that bad.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review for the Yakima Valley Hotel. Please allow me to apologies for the ants in your room. There's a lot of work going on around here, right now there's been a lot of focus on landscaping. Eventually we will be working our way into the hotel and getting guest rooms updated. Until we get there our goal is to provide each of our guests with great customer service, clean rooms, and more value. We appreciate your business and hope you visit us again soon.

Yakima Valley Hotel
Brinnon, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I've stayed at this establishment for almost a week, once a year, for eight years. I have now decided never to stay there again as it has declined. Last year was bad but I decided to give it one more year since they, apparently, changed ownership. Specific reasons: 1) When I first arrived for my five night stay decided to take a shower - no body wash, no soap anywhere in the room. Period. That was unacceptable; 2) On day three, when things had slowed down in my life, I noticed small ants crawling all over the bathroom floor and crawling up the bathtub. This tipped the scale into totally unacceptable. I will now find another establishment for my weekly trip to Yakima. I'm sorry to make this decision because the staff themselves are very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nolan W, General Manager at FairBridge Inn, Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your patronage through the years. Its great to hear from someone who has stayed and stayed again. I would be very sorry to lose your business, please contact me personally to talk about your experience. Either you can email me at nolanwatte@hotmail.com or call 509-248-7850 and ask for Nolan.